Fake Tiablo A9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangilak

Newly Enlightened
I did buy 4 Tiablo A9 from DX and they all hade the same serial.
Serialnr.jpg
and they are fake :sick: the good Tiablo is the left one.

Reflectors.jpg

And bad soldering
Led.jpg

Only one o-ring
Orings.jpg

Bigger pressure switch

Pressureswitch.jpg

The presure switch is not the same hight
backend.jpg

Shorter treads
Treadings.jpg

No anodize in the treads
Terads.jpg

The 3 space down is not perfect.
flens.jpg

And the bretsel is smaller.

Bretsel.jpg

And the box looks sun fade
Box.jpg

Last edited:

insanefred

Enlightened
Re: How to tell if you have a fake Tiablo A9

good catch.
mods should sticky this.

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
oh shsh

now you got me worried :green:.

I've order two Tiablo A9 and they are still waiting for stock. I might have to cancel them.

How is the run time and brightness in throw compare to the real Tiablo A9?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's one helluva first post.

Thanks for clearing up a rumor that has existed on these boards for awhile now. Sorry about what happened to you.

I'm glad I got my A9 from Lighthound.com, back when they had them in stock.

rush

Newly Enlightened
I very recently received a A9 from DX that is exactly like yours, same serial number. I didn't have a genuine A9 to compare to, your evidence is absolutely compelling.
These fake A9 DX is selling have to be coming from a totally different production since the dimensions and the machining are different. That probably explains how DX is selling them so cheap.

Funny detail, the spare GITD clicky boot in the package has a smaller diameter like the real Tiablo A9 and does not fit in the fake one.

+1 on a comparison of beam and output of the fake and real A9, please.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Sangilak, and thank you for a very useful 1st post.

Could you however please resize your photos to stay within the CPF limit of 800 x 800 pixels - some of the ones you have posted exceed this.

bullterrier

Enlightened
thanks fore the heads up. i was going to order one to. but now i might not order one.

får tacka för varningen var sugen på att beställa en med från DX.

ichoderso

Enlightened
for one hour I got my olive A9 from DX.....
-the same serial number....
-any "errors" in the anodyzing
-"errors" (or what should I say in english??) on the inner side of the reflector
-the two mode switch is not a forward clickie and the second mode is a resistor, you must go every time through this two modes to switch the light off

the best: the light was not working after arriving.....
the soldering (3. photo from sangilak) was too bad (one little point of solder), I have try to correct this with more solder and now the light is working....
-the LED is not glued or srewed on the body, only the pressure from the reflector press it to the body...dont use this light without head/reflector

greetings from germany, Jens

ichoderso

Enlightened
+ the battery tube is big and fit also for protected and a little bit longer 18650 or 2x 13640....

ichoderso

Enlightened
That is the same as the original Tiablo A9.

thank you, I havn't the original, but I was thinking, there is a better way (and efficienter) to realize a two mode light? and this metode is in this light only working with 18650 cell, with 2x 13640 the different between the two modes ar almost unvisible...

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Please post your beam shot for Tiablo A9 (real vs Fake) so i can decide whether i should cancel my orders.

If the beam shot are close i would not care, and both have same throw i would not care either. Hoping it will have nice regulation with 18650 battery

HKJ

Flashaholic
thank you, I havn't the original, but I was thinking, there is a better way (and efficienter) to realize a two mode light? and this metode is in this light only working with 18650 cell, with 2x 13640 the different between the two modes ar almost unvisible...

The original A9 is designed for 2*CR123 cells where it has a stable output. The difference between high and low is large.
I have newer used 18650 in my A9, but it is supposed to have a steady declining output, the A8 was designed for 18650.

It sounds like that your light is using another driver than the original A9.

Sangilak

Newly Enlightened
This is the email i recieved from Tiablo.

Hello,

Yes, the left one is real Tiablo flashlight while the right one is surely to be fake.

The fake ones not so good quality. DX is not our authorized dealer and we are now look into this event.

If possible, you can contact DX for a full refund. We will also take action as soon as possible.

We appreciate all your information and pictures. Thanks.

Best regards,
Shellen

ichoderso

Enlightened
I have a look on the pictures from DX....this lights have other serial numbers, the olive has anodyzed treats and is olive-mine is silver:-(

krs1, I will measure currents and lux with different voltages in the next time!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for telling us about the fakes and noting the differences with the photoghaphs Sangilak!:thumbsup:

Lets hope DX offers refunds with little hassle.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I told that over 10 months ago when my friend bought his A9 at 50 $ when it costs 90$, I posted here in the forum, search and you can find it !
It's not possible to pay half of the price for the same torch !
Thanks

alohaluau

Newly Enlightened
The first time DX put the Tiablo A9 up on sale for $54.99 they were genuine, I ordered 2 and they had different serial numbers etc and all exactly the same as the pics (genuine side).

Maybe DX got a fake batch/supplier, I've got a fake one this time round, I'm waiting for their response as I've pointed out this to them.

Cheers,
Luau

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver is very different in appearance and function. These are 'fake', but both big HK shops (DX & KaiD) did sell real ones for a while for ~$60. I got a few for modding during June/July and they were real, even the drivers were the real thing. I'm sure about it as I've been through a lot of A8/A9 lights since they were introduced in May 2007.

Sangilak

Newly Enlightened
The lux readings i got on the fake A9 (real A9)

Panasonic CR 123: HI/LO 14000/6000 (20000/5500)

Ultrafire16340 3,6v:HI/LO 14000/11000(21000/11000)

AW 18650 3,7v: HI/LO 13000/3000 (17500/2300)

:oops:And i am sorry for my bad english:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.