WTK: Difference between Fenix TK10 and TK11?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
Can someone tell me what the actual differences are between the Fenix TK10 and the TK11 ? They appear to be the same..

Thanks
Valmet62

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
tk 11 supports 18650 cells, tk10 doesn't support them.
:whistle:
Pretty much.
The TK11 also has a smooth reflector and the TK10 is heavily textured.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something else but thats the brunt of it.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
It will accept regular CR123s as well as rechargeable RCR123s and 18650-sized LiIon batteries.

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Personally I like the TK11 over the 10, even if the regulation is not as good with Li-Ion. I bought my buddy a TK11, UltraFire charger, four UF18650s, a Picatinny side mount and a Keep2go container for his birthday. He was stoked and I was happy with my gift.

That is my next purchase, unless something brighter comes out before then. Only thing I disliked was that you have to remove the grip ring and the o-ring to get it to slide into the particular mount I bought. Not a big deal, but would prefer if it was not required. Nice mount though. Very well made.

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
according to the site, The TK11 is also more efficient in "Turbo" mode.

1.5 hrs to 2.7 hrs.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I like the TK11 over the 10, even if the regulation is not as good with Li-Ion. I bought my buddy a TK11, UltraFire charger, four UF18650s, a Picatinny side mount and a Keep2go container for his birthday. He was stoked and I was happy with my gift.

That is my next purchase, unless something brighter comes out before then. Only thing I disliked was that you have to remove the grip ring and the o-ring to get it to slide into the particular mount I bought. Not a big deal, but would prefer if it was not required. Nice mount though. Very well made.

You are an awesome friend! The TK11 is my most prized light of all. It is tough as nails, puts out a super-bright creamy white beam (even nicer than my beloved NiteCore D10!), and is so comfortable to hold and use. In my opinion, it is one of the finest tactical lights available, especially when one factors in the price. :grin2:

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
You are an awesome friend! The TK11 is my most prized light of all. It is tough as nails, puts out a super-bright creamy white beam (even nicer than my beloved NiteCore D10!), and is so comfortable to hold and use. In my opinion, it is one of the finest tactical lights available, especially when one factors in the price. :grin2:

I agree, the price point is very good for what you get. Got my eye on this light as well, but Surefire's in a totally different league and the price reflects that.

mr.vu

Newly Enlightened
The TK10 comes with the tactical ring and the plain ring. The TK11 only comes with the tactical ring.

naked2

Enlightened
You can buy the ring seperate (orange or black) at Lighthound. :grin2:

I use the rubber tactical ring from my A9 on my TK10 and like it better! :cool:

Last edited:

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened

I use the rubber ring from my A9 on my TK10 and like it better! :cool:

Yes, I know about the optional rings. The problem with that particular mount is that it's just big enough for the body tube. So even the o-ring makes it too large to slide on. The ring would still have to be removed. Like I said before, it's a really well made mount and IMO worth the extra effort for the infrequent occasions it's mounted on his gun. The mount releases from the Picatinny rail quickly, so that makes the task even less of an issue.

naked2

Enlightened
I was only mentioning their availability because mr. vu pointed out that the TK11 didn't come with one.

So if someone wanted to remove the tactical ring from their TK11, I was just letting them know of their availability.

Plus if you don't like the orange ring on your black TK10, you can get a matching one.

mr.vu

Newly Enlightened

I use the rubber tactical ring from my A9 on my TK10 and like it better! :cool:
They can also be purchased from fenix-store.com