• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Who can make me a P7 - 3C Mag drop in ?

Secur1

Enlightened
Hi ppl

I currently have a 3C Mag running off 3C NiMH cells on a terralux droppin and while it's good in both brightness and run time, being a typical flashoholic i need MORE !
But since i suck at modding and with my latest advent of oppening my own store next week, personal time is going to be absolutely zero, i need someone to do it for me...
So here's what i want
A drop in i can simply unscrew my mag and drop it in, that consists of the following
P7 DSW0J
A board that will give me 2 levels of output 1) 100 lumens 2) 800 lumens regulated.
Aluminium heatsink and MOP reflector (or what ever reflector negates the dreaded donut hole at full flood).
And a UCL lens.

So if there is anyone up to this task, please pm me your offer along with a price estimate so we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance
John

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would help if you posted this in the right section ..... Custom builders and Modders, would be your best bet :)

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's going to be hard to find someone to do a simple dropin with those specs. It's more realistic to do a build including soldering wires from the switch to a dedicated heatsink and so on. What you propose is easy to do in a 2D Mag with a buck driver and either 6AA in a holder or two LiION cells for power, not so easy in a C size Mag. In a 3C Mag two AW C LiION or two 18650 size'ish cells in a sleeve would fit.

Secur1

Enlightened
Tjena Stefan :)
And thanks for the input, i want a droppin for 3 reasons, first of all i like the form factor and weight of the 3C Mag, i already have some good rechargable NiMh C cells and i want to keep the price tag as low as possible...

But if it's not doable i might go for some offer from one of the modders here :)

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tjena,

It's doable, but it'll cost. You can do it yourself from one of the guides. Just get a heatsink from H22A an emitter and so on, you might get it up and running for $50-60 in parts and cells.

/Stefan

Secur1

Enlightened
I've seen the guides but like i said on my first post i am not that good at modding and second starting tomorrow i am openning my own shop (telecoms/mobiles/cameras) oriented so i will zero personal time...

Stefan would you be willing to whip up something like i've requested for me ?
Along with a new host since i'm guessing this would be easier for you.
Maybe in a 4C mag running of 4C NiMh ?

ergotelis

Enlightened
If you search you shall find some modders that will make this for you. Using a D2dim driver might be the best option for such a flashlight. What would be the site you are opening and where?With flashlights also?:twothumbsThanks!

Secur1

Enlightened
Thanks for the info ergoteli :)

It's not going to be an online retail shop, i've purchased a physical store part of the biggest franchise here ;)

The only flashlight related part of the shop is the Cells, i'm gonna have unlimited access to CELLS CELLS CELLS even custom made battery packs :D

Last edited:

curtispdx

Enlightened
You should send an email to Wayne from Elektrolumens. I have his 3D P7 Mag and it's amazing. I've also found that he's easy to contact and answers all of my dumb questions with (I assume) a smile on his face.

Here's a thought: How about the new Pelican that'll take the C cells?

Last edited: