Brightest 3d / 4d incan mag?

Hammer Train

Banned
I've got a 3d and a 4d mag, a bi-pin adapter if needed, and lots of eneloop aa's. I'm going to buy one of the high current battery adapters either 9aa for the 3d or 12aa for the 4d. I've got the metal reflector and boro lens. What is the brightest mod I can do with what I've already got and the adapter - in other words which adapter shall I get and what bulb to go with it?! Thanks,,,

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
WA 1185 is what most use in the 3d mag about 1200b lumens or so. Several quality bulbs are available here Some other threads you may find useful are by Luxluthor here on m*glites. You may need to consider a high temp switch from KIU for the 4D mag as a lot of the higher voltage bulbs have pins that are slightly bigger around, and get VERY hot. For the 12 cell light you may want to look at some osram bulbs here in another thread by Luxluthor. An osram 64625 12volt 100 watt(about 4500 lumens) may be an option although I would start with 11 cells and a dummy as 12 may flash the bulb. But again a high temp socket would be needed. When choosing a bulb you want to plan on over powering it a volt or two, ie a WA 1185 is a 9.6v but you will put about 10.8 volts on it with 9 nimh cells. Thats why I use the bulb test data so you know just how far to push without flashing.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: