Which 5mm and array driving Qs

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a project that I need a bunch of 5mm LEDs. I see some on ebay, usually a 100 pack rated anywhere from 13K-20K mcd. and some more expensive rated around 55K mcd.

Prices seem very good, but I have concerns. I don't want the purplish white colors or a failure prone product. I need some with a narrow beam and moderate wide too. Which seller have you tried and gave a good product?

2nd question I will drive at 12 volts so I plan to drive 3 LEDs in series with each series group in parallel, maybe 3 wide (3x3 grid) with proper resistor for 15ma drive at each LED. Is that best or can I drive a wider set, say 9x3 array?

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a project that I need a bunch of 5mm LEDs. I see some on ebay, usually a 100 pack rated anywhere from 13K-20K mcd. and some more expensive rated around 55K mcd.

Prices seem very good, but I have concerns. I don't want the purplish white colors or a failure prone product. I need some with a narrow beam and moderate wide too. Which seller have you tried and gave a good product?

2nd question I will drive at 12 volts so I plan to drive 3 LEDs in series with each series group in parallel, maybe 3 wide (3x3 grid) with proper resistor for 15ma drive at each LED. Is that best or can I drive a wider set, say 9x3 array?

For a distributer, www.Superbrightleds.com
And try a 240hm resistor in series with your
3 leds in series for 12v. I have made some really
reliable led inerior lights for cars with that setup.
I used the 3mm leds for cars becuase you can
cram alot of them into a smaller space than that
of the 5mm's.

Robert M.