Heading up hunting

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dad and I are pulling out tonight for a long weekend archery hunt. Gone are the days of week or longer hunts, what with mother getting blind dad has to be around pretty constant. Mom and Pat are coming up Sunday after a baby shower. Oh well, I will savor every minute with him up there, have not missed a season in 49 years, my entire life, and I know one day it will come he wont be able to go.

I tossed in the AA MagLED minimag for my hunting belt like always for trackin, and my headlamp with red led for heading into and out of the woods. I will carry the Stylus Pro in my leather jacket like always when not in the woods. Of course there is alway the Inova X0 Tiros in the truck if needed. I think Iam very set for lights, lol.

Be careful everyone and see you Wens. y'all be good while I am gone.
wink.gif

savumaki

Enlightened
Aim straight and have a good hunt, we've been at it for a couple of weeks (yes, with success)
Your story hits home since I'm the dad and my son is 46; we hunt together every year.
I use an E2e with a PR-T head and Fenix P1; he uses a P1 also.

I wish you good health.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad took me up the first time whn I was 6 months old, and I have not missed a season yet, even when in college I made sure to take at least a long weekend. I still use a recurve, he has had to switch to a compound because of shoulder arthritis.

I never want to wish that I had taken time for him, he is my hunting companion and more, and I honestly dont kow what I will do when he cannot hunt.