New Garrity Minimag knock off at Walmart

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It uses 2 AA batteries like the Minimag, and has a rear clickie switch like the Brinkman AA. It's all aluminum with a rubber grip in the middle, also like the Brinkman. It uses a T 1-3/4 bulb that has a small PR type base.

I was thinking about modding one to LS, but I haven't yet figured out how to get the reflector out - the head is milled from one solid piece of aluminum with the reflector somehow crammed in.
shocked.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
It uses 2 AA batteries like the Minimag, and has a rear clickie switch like the Brinkman AA. It's all aluminum with a rubber grip in the middle, also like the Brinkman. It uses a T 1-3/4 bulb that has a small PR type base.

I was thinking about modding one to LS, but I haven't yet figured out how to get the reflector out - the head is milled from one solid piece of aluminum with the reflector somehow crammed in.
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang, sounds like the head on the Craftsman AA... The Brinkmann (still) is the BOMB for a mod base..

BTW - anyone ever tell you that you could pass for Gene Hackman's brother?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Lux...

to get the reflector out, remove the head and push on the reflector from the inside. It comes out the front! Just a press fit. The only problem that I see is that there is no momentary on! The light comes on after releasing the clicker. This sucker looks to be ripe for mods!

added:

Have not found out how to remove the bulb!

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I posted pictures of this light yesterday in the Modifications section under "New AA Mod option * PICS added!!!"

I went back to Walmar and foumd a stainless steel 2 AAA today for $4.98.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Roy:
Lux...

to get the reflector out, remove the head and push on the reflector from the inside. It comes out the front! Just a press fit. The only problem that I see is that there is no momentary on! The light comes on after releasing the clicker. This sucker looks to be ripe for mods!

added:

Have not found out how to remove the bulb!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, I dug it out of my boxes and you're right, it does come out. I'll have to take a look at this light again to see if I want to mod it. That tailcap with no momentary on does bother me, but maybe an aftermarket would fit.

ChrisM,

Be careful with the bulb, it's easy to break if you try to remove it, which by the way is still a mystery to me. I got no time now to figure it out, though. It'll have to wait 'til Thursday.

Saaby

Flashaholic
The bulb has to come out right? How do you change it when it burns out??

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, Lux...I can wait til Thursday. It HAS to be possible to remove it...like Saaby said, how else do you change it when the bulb blows? No way Garrity would put all that metal into a disposable light.