• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mod-A-Mag battery holders fitting inside new M*gs

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
I have a new 2D Maglite and want to run AA batteries, both rechargeable NiMh, NiCd, and primary alkalines or lithium. I get the impression that some cells might be a tight fit in the 8AA to 2D adapter for the newer M*gs. Is this true? Is the 6AA to 2D adapter any better?

:thanks:

Norm

Retired Administrator
An 8 AA adapter will require a quad bored light. 6 AA should fir a standard mag OK. Look for member Jesus Hernadez to bore the light for you.
Norm

SOcalsurferx

Newly Enlightened
I was under the impression that some of the older mags had slightly larger bores and would accomodate the 8AA to 2D holders???

TexLite

Enlightened
I was under the impression that some of the older mags had slightly larger bores and would accomodate the 8AA to 2D holders???

Yes,thats correct.

Lights with an all numerical serial number will have sufficient room for 8xAA's without modification.

Newer lights whose serial number begins with a letter will most likely,but not always,have to be bored.

-Michael

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,thats correct.

Lights with an all numerical serial number will have sufficient room for 8xAA's without modification.

Newer lights whose serial number begins with a letter will most likely,but not always,have to be bored.

-Michael

I check mines 3 D maglites and 4AA fit well, but I dont know about Li-Ion types like 14500