• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Large wave of LunaSol 20's **SOLD OUT **

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
This was a long time in the coming but now it's time. This thread is offering up a large wave or perhaps tide of LunaSol 20 flashlights. I don't want to hold off any longer than necessary so I will cut and paste info from previous waves.

I do want to state that my hope and intent is to process the e-mail orders for these on a first received/ first processed basis and ideally the response to your e-mail order will be a notification of shipment. I don't want to add to the number of communications by sending an acknowledgment prior to generating the postage notification. I have no idea what the demand will be here or how quickly I will be able to get on top of the first rush of orders. :duck:

With 130 lights in the wave, I believe the wave will handle the demand for a good period of time and hopefully relieve any pressure on some of you as well as me.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: LunaSol 20
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. There are additional threads on the LunaSol 20 you can review as well.

The LunaSol 20 now has a GD driver for driving the Osram Dragon LED and can be considered appropriate for use with both primary as well as Li-Ion cells (single cell).The LunaSol 20 consists of 3 ea. Nichia 310DS LED's in a series string driven at ~18 mA by a BBM converter. The Osram Golden Dragon LED in center is driven at ~400 mA by a GD driver as mentioned above.

The LunaSol 20 has a 1" max diameter and is 3 1/2" long. It is all titanium on the exterior like the other Ti lights I have built. It is a PD (piston drive) and you have a low flood from the Nichias followed with the addition of a collimated beam from the Dragon as you shift from low to high via the piston depression for momentary activation or twisting of the head for constant on.

The window is 2 mm thick sapphire. It is of the larger diameter which I determined was required to avoid any possible errors in seal. There is a green H3 vial in the piston of these.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. The reflectors have some marks and indications of contact during rework and assembly on their front faces. This simply could not be avoided and does not efect the function of any of the LED's or their beams.

None of these LunaSol 20's should be considered shelf queen caliber or concourse in appearance. That is not to say that you can't bring them to such a state if you have nothing better to do. :) I wouldn't and obviously haven't.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons.

LS-20-Dragon-HeadOn.jpg

LS-20-B.jpg

Like all of my Ti lights, the LunaSol 20 is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

LunaSol 20 - $495 plus shipping*

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order.

EDIT (3-7-09) These are now **SOLD OUT **
Thank you for your consideration and support guys!

Last edited:

Rico801

Newly Enlightened
Re: Large wave of LunaSol 20's

Cool, I hope there are still some of these available when I can afford to buy one!

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

carrot

Flashaholic

Sigh... I don't have the money for one right now. I'll be waiting for the next wave.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened

hmmm......seemed to have misplaced my $$??

I do have a custom anodized NT 120P, still accepting those as payments?:crackup:

Great looking lights, and truly amazing craftsmanship:drool: :twothumbs

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one to compliment my Ti PD-S. I have one question before ordering: How does the finishing quality compare to your previous lights? Your comments sound a little like a warning (probably not intended, but heh, I'm paranoid). I don't need perfection, but I want to check before ordering.

Sorry for checking, but I don't remember any such warning on previous threads.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Taken right from this thread from the lips of the man himself:
Qualty Control: flaws and cosmetics

There are levels of precision and finish which will always show irregularities and flaws. It has been my practice to specify tolerance levels in the parts I have machined such that form and function are achieved and held to dependable and expected performance and outcome. At an additional premium, I could strive for higher levels in finish and uniformity of the surface but I have elected not to increase the costs of these lights accordingly. In most if not all cases, toolng marks will be evident and the surfaces will not be free of blemishes or unique markings. Each light will be delivered with its own unique character mark. Should you find this not to be the case, feel free to impart your own mark to the light or return it and I will be happy to imprint it with an obvious and unique blemish or ding for you. These lights are expensive but that expense is not due to any attempt or claim of show case cosmetics or collectability. These lights are intended for use and abuse but it is ultimately for the user to decide.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened

I want one to compliment my Ti PD-S. I have one question before ordering: How does the finishing quality compare to your previous lights? Your comments sound a little like a warning (probably not intended, but heh, I'm paranoid). I don't need perfection, but I want to check before ordering.

Don always puts in a "warning" like that, don't worry :thumbsup:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

goodluckyg8.jpg
everyone. One of the coolest light. Would i be safe to call this one version 2? :goodjob:

Don hope your stress level went down a bit now that you got these guys out. :D

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Illumination,

I have both a Ti-PD-S and an LS20, and the finishing quality is identical. I suspect that Don just doesn't want to have his time wasted by people who are OCD in regards to fit and finish and perfect beam aesthetics and who will take issue with any little flaw because they feel the high price tag entitles them to "perfection".

And if that's true, he probably maybe won't like me saying this, but . . . the fit and finish on these lights is really first-rate. If you are happy with your Ti-PD-S, you won't be disappointed with a LunaSol20!

Hope that helps!

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Thank you all! I am current with orders received and at this point will bail out for some sleep. Tomorrow I will get the shipping hat on first thing after some wake up mud and get at it again.

I don't put much comment or conveyance of appreciation in the postage notifications but please know that I appreciate all of the support and interest you folks have shown now as well as in the past. :bow: