wolf eyes champion (non digital question)

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
ive decided on a WE champion for my EDC. After hours of searching I havent found any answers to my questions.

whats the differnce between the digital and non digital modes?

i see the digital has 2 modes. 1st mode with 3 preset lighting outputs. 100-30-2 percent. 2nd mode being concealed - basically a strobe/sos.

now the non digital mode i am confused about. is it just a single mode HO light? or does it have a lower output as well? any strobe?

finally can either be custom settings (like the novatac 120P) to be something other than 100-30-2? would you be able to convert the output levels to something like 100-60-30 percent.

Sorry for the noob questions. im ready to buy the digital but im hoping the non digital will be a better fit for me. Thanks People!

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
chanks. so one mode as in 2 or 3 different outputs? Or just straight on / off 280 lumens?

thanks again.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Solis107,
There will be three models available.

Champion Digital - 2 modes function: *Default mode: Maximum brightness (100%) -> 30% brightness ->lowest brightness (2%) *Concealed mode: Strobe -> SOS-> Beacon signal

Champion Digital Tactical - 2 Mode function: *Default mode: Maximum brightness (100%) -> Strobe *Concealed mode: lowest brightness (2%) -> 30% brightness -> SOS-> Beacon signal

Champion – Simple on or off

KeeperSD

Enlightened
finally can either be custom settings (like the novatac 120P) to be something other than 100-30-2? would you be able to convert the output levels to something like 100-60-30 percent.
As far as i am aware they are not programmable. One thing i can tell you is that the three output levels are great and well spaced.

The maximum provides is very bright with some good throw, the 30% if thats what it is supposed to be is a good step down from the maximum, perfect for use indoors if you aren't after the maximum output and would allow you to increase your runtime while still giving enough output to easily navigate a back yard. And the low is VERY low, I would love to see the runtime of the low, it is also perfect for creeping around the house at night without waking up the wife.

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Fellas! !! ! ok all my ?'s were answered. Im Just so torn. the tactical model seemms very nice. OK New FINAL question. Does the tactical model go into concealed mode the same as the digital mode- 7 clicks? Thanks again.

btw i will be buying from pts. expect an order next week.