Best penlight?

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
You would have thought that the Surefire pen had some kind of light installed.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My most used light is what I would consider the best penlight, the Streamlight Stylus Pro. I truly like this light a lot.

lumenal

Enlightened
I agree with Lee1959 - the 2 AAA Stylus Pro is indeed a great penlight.

With a bezel-down clip and momentary on.

Get one, you'll like it!

stevep

Newly Enlightened
The Stylus Pro is a good light.I also have a UK2AAA LED penlight that is also a good light.The stylus is brighter,but I like the form factor of the UK better. The UK is a little bigger in diameter, and the head is bigger.If I had to strike someone in self defense the UK would be my choice of the two.

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
With something that small, unless it has a knife duct-taped to it just punch 'em.

GreySave

Enlightened
+1 for the Stylus Pro. Carry one every day as a backup and primary for light duty. More than adequate output for its size and great run time.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Another vote for the Stylus Pro, at least as far as brightness goes (not to mention Streamlight's warranty). I think there would be less problems dealing with them in reference to any problems that may creep up?

Gerber has a handy little one with 4 interchangeable LED heads (red, green, blue, white).

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened
Peak may still have their 50% off sale on Luxeon based lights. Aside from your desire for brightness in a format that is not really designed for it, Peak are wonderfully machined very high quality lights. The Fujiyama is a very nice light. No clip though.

For extreme brightness, kaidomain's buckle light is rather astonishingly bright. It is a 1 x AAA light. Don't know runtime, but it may be brighter than a 3 x D M@glight, I have one and everyone that sees it wants one. Not really a penlight, little bigger than your pinkie with no clip.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Some CPF members use the streamlight stylus 2AAA body and mate it with a L0D head. The new LD01 is due out soon, I am not sure if it will fit on the streamlight body, but it might be worth considering as well. The LD01 is designed to be used with higher voltage power so it would be right at home with 2AAA cells.

That'll get you in the 60+ lumen ball park.