Any interest in a CA camp trip?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
BUMPING AND OLD THREAD!

I don't know of a good location, but I am sure some of CPF members do. Here is what I picture CPF members + camping and actually using their lights + night time trail walking?

Would there be anyone one interested in a camping trip?

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
I can just imagine that many CPF'ers and there flashlights in one place at night. The local cops' phones will be ringing off the walls with UFO sighting reports!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be interesting... I'd be willing to go if it could be up somewhere close to Lake Tahoe or maybe a little north of there.

Find some place with some old mines and we can really get some use out of our lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now if I can just find my Gore-Tex lined tent.....

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can check out the Lassen area... Lassen Volcanic National Park... Some more braver souls can hike up Lassen Peak...

There's always Yosemite NP. A ton of campgrounds there to choose from. CPFers can always to up to Glacier Point and try out their lights there to Half Dome...

There's always the coastline, but there's few areas to camp out on, like Redwood State Parks or camping along the shores.

Then there's Kings Canyon/Sequoia NP. Very little access roads (2, in fact), but a few grounds to choose from.

I haven't been down to SoCal much, but the San Leandro area might be a good ground. And the Angeles National Forest might be, also...

There's lots of places....

B@rt

Flashaholic
Any chance of having it in my neck of the woods? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
sounds like fun! I'm in the Bay Area, so Yosemite, Tahoe, any of those places sounds cool.....

This would be a good excuse to use my purchased-three-years-ago-but-never-used tent!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I picture a group sitting around a campfire with a bowl of beans in lap and intrinsically safe torch in hand. (Blazing Saddles comes to mind). I'm in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmh - this is the first PK @ CPF sighting in 3 months - what does this tell us ? All engineering marvels resolved for the time being ? I would love to be able to attend a get-together with the gentlemen so far posting here - and I´ll second Barts proposal - nice camping grounds in europe too.

Klaus

InTheDark

Enlightened
What great timing. I was trying to setup a camping trip in the next couple of months. I'd love to go to yosemite again, but reservations are tough unless you get a cancellation. Sequoia and Kings are really nice, and not very crowded, so it'd be easy for large groups of people. It might be getting a little to close to summer for the desert. I'm interested, but anything further north of Tahoe would be too far away.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wanted to see the California wilderness. Are tactical flashlights still legal in California? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
With just CPFers in the California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon quadrangle, there's at least 15-20 people that can go...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
OK, fine!
I try to get a camping trip going on the east coast and don't get ONE reply...now there's a west coast camping trip and you get the Man. I'm jealous.

I got 20 bucks says PK has the coolest toys.

Reaper

Enlightened
Oh great. Now there's going to be a CPFer camping trip when I've got all this medical issues. Arthritis of feet and knees, really bad disc problems, slight leaking heart valve and now type 2. My service days of pup tents and mud are over, how about just camping in someone's back yard? Seriously, this does sound good depending on where you finally decide on.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of a nice location Kern River / High Sierras... had a good time rafting there and easy drive from So Cal. Nice campsites, showers, general store,blah blah blah; very good for families

Next question is when... June, July or August... no not August TOO Hot!!!!