9P surefire with E-09 bulb and 2x18500 body

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
i've bought a 9P surefire with E-09 bulb and 2x18500 body, im not really happy with the output, so i've bought a FM1794 bulb and D26 bi-pin socket with aluminium reflector! maybe this is a better option..im not fussy about throw or flood bit of both would be good! i've heard this is a good option overall!!! which flashlight would you guys recomend thats same size or maybe a little bigger that will out preform my new project if im not impressed!

thanks

~gary~

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
will the light be regulated running it on 18500's + FM1794 bulb? what sort of torch lumens will it have? how about runtime, how long should i expect?

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've bought a 9P surefire with E-09 bulb and 2x18500 body, im not really happy with the output, so i've bought a FM1794 bulb and D26 bi-pin socket with aluminium reflector! maybe this is a better option..im not fussy about throw or flood bit of both would be good! i've heard this is a good option overall!!! which flashlight would you guys recomend thats same size or maybe a little bigger that will out preform my new project if im not impressed!

thanks

~gary~

I posted a similar question in this forum looking for ideas for my new Leef/SF hosts. So far it looks like the FM D-26 w/ FM 1794 is the brightest setup for 2x18500s. I have one on the way too for my 2x18650 Leef host w/ C2 head and z58 tail. The great thing about the D-26 bi-pin socket is the choice of reflectors for beam choice from throw to flood and everything in between.

Also, I like that you don't have to push it full bore; if you need more runtime and decent output, just dropin a cheap TL-3 bulb which you can get for less than $5 each..:grin2:

will the light be regulated running it on 18500's + FM1794 bulb? what sort of torch lumens will it have? how about runtime, how long should i expect?

No, it won't be regulated. It would have to have a driver like the A2 has to give you that. I was curious about what regulated incandescent lights were out there like the A2 so I put up a thread inquiring about that. In the end, the A2 is about the only option for this. See this thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/191918

mdocod puts the SF P91 at about 320 torch lumens with fresh batteries, dropping down to 170 lumens in 28 minutes on 2x18500. If the FM 1794 draws more amperage and has more output, you can get an idea on it's lumens and runtime from this. Here is mdocod's post where I got this information, which I have found very helpful: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/191918

-Rich

mdocod

Flashaholic
At these drain rates (~2C) on LiCo cells, you can expect to drop to about 50% of initial output towards the end of the discharge.

But it's not as big a deal as one might think. Dropping 50% output looks like a small "step" in difference to the eyes.

Eric