• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cool Heat SInks.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The heatsinks I use all the time for various mods, test LEDs, converter board testing as shown below is a really nice heatsink.

t_IMG_9824.jpg

The nice part of this heatsink is the good thermal performance, thin fins and thin base. It is easy to cut between fins using a hacksaw or bandsaw.

I mount all my test LEDs on these for use on the bench for testing all my converter boards and I have many different combinations. Below is a picture of my single Cree LED mounted on the bare version of this heatsink.

t_IMG_0204.jpg

Below is a section I cut off to test the new Shark Buck converter board.

t_IMG_0205.jpg

The white and brown wires are the LED connection and the ends of the LED are micro-clips and I just clip them onto the stripped ends of the wires from the converter board.

The power supply leads have similar clip leads and they make setting up and testing simple, fast and reliable.

I have glued the heatsinks on my L bracket that I mounted 11 Luxeon LEDs and while the heatsinks were too wide they were easy to trimmed down so they would not protrude past the edge of the L bracket as shown below.

t640_IMG_0094-1.jpg

The bare version can be found here.

The black anodized version can be found here.

If you cover the LED with something that is translucent or diffused then the bright LED won't be distracting or blind you when you use them.

Wayne