Klarus
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more!

Default Re: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    Another Positive Report!
    I did notice one thing they could improve, the threading for the head seems to have a bit too much play.
    Send it back mine is perfect, head has just the right resistance for turning.
    Love the warm LED, very happy with the purchase.
    Norm

Flashaholic

Default Re: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more

Just had a Email from Neolumens in france saying they now have stock, BUT they say it has a NEW reflector, 3/4 smo and 1/4 OP!
    They say it has a new and improved beam pattern. They should be sending it out to me today. At last!! LOL

I notice members in this thread saying that they think the red O ring denotes the warmer LED, I have the warm LED and a black O ring.
    The red looks nice and as already mentioned a red push-button cover would look really cool.
    Norm

Flashaholic

I think there all black now. Shame as I liked the red ones.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazikev24 View Post
    Just had a Email from Neolumens in france saying they now have stock, BUT they say it has a NEW reflector, 3/4 smo and 1/4 OP!
    They say it has a new and improved beam pattern. They should be sending it out to me today. At last!! LOL
    I don't know about these, but the new (presale) Jet Ti M will have the new reflector!
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

My J3M has the original ("cool") LED and a RED o-ring. I suspect they just install whatever they have available at the time.

Unenlightened

Got mine yesterday!!! SMO and regular cool tint and also red O-rings very nice!

Ps. does anybody know any good belt holsters?

Im a little unclear as to how the strobe feature works. Once you are in the strobe mode will it stay in strobe mode unless you take it out? Can you just turn it off an on several times and will it stay in strobe still? I just want the ability to stay in strobe mode regardless of turning it off and on. Thanks!

Flashaholic

I'am still waitng for mine by as I under stand it with the bezel loose, ie user settng mode, I will be in what ever you set it at and will stay that way until you reprograme. When you tighten the bezel it will always be on a High steady beam.
    Hopng to have mine today, it's on it's way from France.

A note on Jetbeam Service!
    The shop in France informed me that the Military flashlight they are sending has a NEW reflector 3/4 smo 1/4 Op and that it had black Orings.
    Now I really liked the red ones so I email Jetbeam and for the price of post, 5USD they have sent me 2 sets of Red Orings and also two extra rubber tail switch covers! Top aftercare Jetbeam!
    Thankyou!

Yes, that's right -- with the "head" screwed on all teh way, the flashlight is at maximum brightness with no flash or any other effect. When you unscrew the head a bit, you get the user-defined mode, and that canbe a strobe, a dimmer beam, an SOS either bright or dim, etc. The user-defined mode stays wherever you set it, until you change it, and it is accessed by loosening the head. Tightening the head will always get you back to a full-power beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazikev24 View Post
    Hmm, I wonder whether the new reflectors can be purchased separately and retrofitted to existing J3Ms? One of the few things I've wanted to change on my Jet-III M has been the somewhat ringy beam and (for me) slightly too small hotspot.

Flavio says he's looking into the new reflector's availability for those of us who purchased the light already. But he said there won't be any in his new shipment, due next week.
    Last edited by JML; 11-30-2008 at 07:14 AM.
    ** EagleTac D25C, D25LC2, & G25C2 Mk. II ** JETBeam Element E3S, Jet-III Pro ST-BVC, Jet-III Military, RRT-01, & RRT-2 Raptor ** Olight Titanium Infinitum #62 (Polished) ** Sunwayman V10R Ti, V20C, & V25C**

Flashaholic

I have one, and to be honest I am disapointed with it.
    It seems that for the first 1/4 of the reflector nearest the LED there is loads of TINY concentric rings, which I presume are ment to be the OP part, the rest is smooth.
    These rings are not really that different to the smooth part. In fact it could be a smooth one they have sent me!
    I have a Dark cresent shape around approx half the beam, It looks like the pic that selfbuilt took when he said the reflector had a bit of the O'ring stuck under it.
    But it is not that and nothing I do gets rid of it.
    I think this is goimg to have to go back. I did order it with the OP reflector but they sent this as they said it was the new improved version.
    Maybe I was just unlucky.
    I just need Henry to get some Clickys over to the UK and I will have one of them.
    Kam.
    Does anyone know where I can get a OP reflector to try in this? Be aware that I am in the UK.
    Thanks Kam.

Oh and the Hotspot seems Smaller or NO larger than in selfbuilts pics as well.
    Last edited by Kamakazikev24; 01-22-2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Missed abit.

Unenlightened

some beamshots compared to JET-III PRO, and other pics.
    http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=61386

PRO seems much brighter?
    Last edited by Mii; 11-29-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mii View Post
    some beamshots compared to JET-III PRO, and other pics.
    http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=61386

PRO seems much brighter?
    If you read ALL the messages in that thread, the beamshot comparison is between the warm tint Jet-III M and the original colder tint Jet-III Pro, which the poster didn't realize until afterwards...
    ** EagleTac D25C, D25LC2, & G25C2 Mk. II ** JETBeam Element E3S, Jet-III Pro ST-BVC, Jet-III Military, RRT-01, & RRT-2 Raptor ** Olight Titanium Infinitum #62 (Polished) ** Sunwayman V10R Ti, V20C, & V25C**

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by JML View Post
    If you read ALL the messages in that thread, the beamshot comparison is between the warm tint Jet-III M and the original colder tint Jet-III Pro, which the poster didn't realize until afterwards...
    Sorry, I donīt see that anywhere in the mentioned thread.

Both JetIII Pro and JetIII from the beamshots are regular cold whites. Something about a neutral-white was mentioned later by another member, who thought (falsely) that his JetIII Pro had a warmer version. And the beamshots were made in early october ... guess there werenīt any "M" with neutral whites available at that time.

I own a JetIII Pro and a JetIII M, both "cold white", and my Pro is about 18% brighter than my "M" (same for 2x 16340 and 18650). The difference isnīt so big, usually you wonīt notice it IMHO.

Rantanplan, I'm sure your German is better than mine! I was relying on Google's translation, and it's far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
    I own a JetIII Pro and a JetIII M, both "cold white", and my Pro is about 18% brighter than my "M" (same for 2x 16340 and 18650). The difference isnīt so big, usually you wonīt notice it IMHO.
    According to my lightbox, my Jet-III Pro is ~4% brighter than my Jet-III M, and my Jet-III ST is ~9% brighter (all on 18650).

As a general rule, well-regulated 18650-only lights will outperform multi-power circuits on 18650. It is exceedingly difficult to drive multi-power lights maximally on a single Li-ion (i.e. the multi-power light has to handle a very wide voltage input range).
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: IMALENT SA04.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Flavio says he's looking into the new reflector's availability for those of us who purchased light already. But he said there won't be any in his new shipment, due next week.
    Thanks for the info.

Flashaholic*

Nice review. I think I may have to try one out. It looks like it runs in regulation with 18650 for a short period of time depending on Vf. I like that.

Flavio says he's looking into the new reflector's availability for those of us who purchased the light already. But he said there won't be any in his new shipment, due next week.
    I ordered over the weekend any chance of getting one?

Enlightened

Are there somewhere also beamshots showing a larger distance? 20 or 50 meters for example?
    i donīt think these 1-5 meter beamshots do really show what the flashlight can....

P.S. Which one would you prefer, Jetbeam III M or Olight M20 Warrior Premium?
    Last edited by Kalle; 12-12-2008 at 05:00 AM.
    Peak CPF special, Tigerlight Gold, Amite Neo T3, SF L4+E1L, Inova T3, Peli M6, Fenix L1P, Photon freedom max, several Maglites and other flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    Are there somewhere also beamshots showing a larger distance? 20 or 50 meters for example?
    Don't know if anyone has done these (check out some of the other threads in the LED section).

In any case, it won't show you much - as my up-close beamshots show, the M20 and Jet-III M have similar patterns with similar throw and overall spillbeam width. As the end of the day, the M20 has slightly more output (and slightly more throw) - but this is not readily noticeable unless you compare directly side by side (and even then, tint differences obscure your ability to tell).

Basically, I would choose between these lights based on feature and performance - theactual beams are pretty similar.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: IMALENT SA04.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Enlightened

Ok thanks for the answer!
    I will have a closer look at the features of these lights.
    Is it right that the Jetbeam has the better building quality?
    Peak CPF special, Tigerlight Gold, Amite Neo T3, SF L4+E1L, Inova T3, Peli M6, Fenix L1P, Photon freedom max, several Maglites and other flashlights.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    P.S. Which one would you prefer, Jetbeam III M or Olight M20 Warrior Premium?
    Hmm, I actually have both these lights.

To be honest I like them both, I got the M20 Premium which has the R2 LED with a little more output - this is my strongest thrower. I got the warm tint Jetbeam, this is my most visually pleasing output light. The M20 has 4 modes accessed by tightening & loosening the head to change between them, it remembers the last mode and always starts on that. The Jetbeam only has 2 modes - full power when you tighten the head and custom setting when you loosen the head - but the custom setting can be anything you want, so advantage to Jetbeam on the UI in my opinion. I really think the ability to set the custom mode on the Jetbeam to anything you like is a hard feature to beat - you can set a lower low setting than the Olight offers or a useful medium setting, strobe, SOS or whatever - you then have your personal custom setting or full power, no other rubbish to cycle through.

The build quality may be better on the Jetbeam, but both are excellent so no biggie. I did remove the cigar grip & clip from the M20 because I found them really uncomfortable, but with them gone the torch feels good in my hand. The Jetbeam came with a really good 2 way clip which is a nice feature.

I like both and think most people would be happy with either. If I were forced to only keep one then I would probably go with the Jetbeam.

If you are going to use 2 x 16340 or 2 x CR123 cells in the Jetbeam then you can stop them rattling by buying a spare Olight battery tube or 2 I use these with either light.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I notice members in this thread saying that they think the red O ring denotes the warmer LED, I have the warm LED and a black O ring.
    O-ring color denotes what it's made of - red is silicone, black is nitrile, clear is polyurethane.

Flashaholic

i wanted to thank u guys for your hardwork for us newbies , i just ordered me a Military due to this and other posts i have read, this is one of my first real flashlight buys other than maglights and taskforce stuff nearby so i am excited to get this one for sure , i was going the wrong way till i read a good bit , ordered from bug out gear so soon i will be showing it off, lol

thanks to the guys that pmed me back and fourth with my many questions , lol u guys are top notch

madi05

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    O-ring color denotes what it's made of - red is silicone, black is nitrile, clear is polyurethane.
    which is a better oring ,, also is there a glow in the dark one that will fit and also endcap glow in the dark like fenix has ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madi05 View Post
    which is a better oring
    For our flashlight purposes, they're all technically the same. All handle any lubricant type, last a long time, and are easily replaced.

also is there a glow in the dark one that will fit
    I don't own an M, but I wager one of these would fit: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...ighlight=rings

and also endcap glow in the dark like fenix has ?
    That I don't know - hopefully one of the glow-crazed folk here would know. The only JetBeam model that I'm aware of that came stock with a glow-cap was the Jet I Mk IBS, which had a notably smaller switch.

My M just arrived in the mail today , and wow.....very impressed... I love it.

What kind of holster/pouch do you guys use with yours, and do you have any other accessories?

I did notice with using the AWC123 batteries there is considerable rattle, as the batteries themselves are smaller than the 18650 (which happens to be a great fit)

Have any of you taken off the built-in clip, I find it's placing a little bit awkward, perhaps it's designed for holster use?

Would love to see pics of different mods or accessories, bezels you guys might have on yours