Unique Titanium
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more!

Default Re: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more

Very nice EngrPaul, must fight, no more lights this months, even though it is hard not to go for another JET-III M with the warmer tint .

FUI I asked JetBeam what bin they used in the naturel/warm tinted lights, this is the reply i got:
    We use Q3 5A LED in the Neutral White JET-III M, you may contact our distributor for details, thanks!
    So it is a Q3, you didn’t get some lux readings of your first JET-II M? Could be nice to compare if you lose some output with the Q3, but overall it is probably nothing.
    Last edited by whc; 11-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    Eagletac G25C2 MKII | Nitecore SRT3 | Nitecore SRT7 | Nitecore TM26 | SkyRay King |

Default Re: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more

Quote Originally Posted by whc View Post
    So it is a Q3, you didnít get some lux readings of your first JET-II M?
    I believe it's a 5A Q3, since it gives the same exposure value as the DBS when taking the picture at a constant F-stop and aperature.

Quote Originally Posted by EngrPaul View Post
    I believe it's a 5A Q3, since it gives the same exposure value as the DBS when taking the picture at a constant F-stop and aperature.
    Yes your right (see my post #31), JETBeam confirmed the led is a Q5 A5.

Don't know if you have any Seoul SSC P4 USV0H, but if you have can you tell me if the tint is about the same (the USV0H is my favorite tint ).
    Eagletac G25C2 MKII | Nitecore SRT3 | Nitecore SRT7 | Nitecore TM26 | SkyRay King |

No way, the USV0H is no where as near as warm as 5A Q3.

Ok even warmer than USV0H (not W0H)?

Sounds pretty darn warm, me wantee .

Buttrock Re: JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more

Yes, you want this light!

The only thing "warmer" that I have is the TK20, which is 5A Q2, IFRC.

Agreed, the 5A "neutral" tints are extremely warm compared to the standard "cool" white tints we are used. 5A is nothing like a relatively warm cool white.

For a comparison, here is a pic I made comparing my Fenix TK20 (5A) to a standard Fenix L2D (both with the camera locked on daylight setting):

Personally, I like a warmish cool tint - I haven't quite got used to the truly warm 5A tints yet.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: IMALENT SA04.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Unenlightened

Can anybody clear up some confusion around the ramp time on the Jetbeam III M. In selfbuilts review (great job by the way) its measured at 30 seconds but in the sections of the manual posted by EngrPaul it says 8 seconds??

30 seconds seems a very long time especially if it always starts the ramping sequence in the same direction ie if you were near the bottom but wanted to go lower would you have to wait for it to ramp all the way to max and then work its way back down which could be 45secs or so .

Flashaholic

Very tempted to buy this one, I had two nitecores which both went wrong (one of which seemed to short out and got very hot while switched off.
    So I am still in need of a proper flash light to light up my night!
    Could one of you happy owners please post up a pick of this in your hand?
    There's no shops here in the UK so eBay from china is the only way to go, I get hit with to much tax when ordered from the states. And I would like to see a relative size.
    Thanks Kam.

Mine takes about 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by IanT61 View Post
    Can anybody clear up some confusion around the ramp time on the Jetbeam III M. In selfbuilts review (great job by the way) its measured at 30 seconds but in the sections of the manual posted by EngrPaul it says 8 seconds??

30 seconds seems a very long time especially if it always starts the ramping sequence in the same direction ie if you were near the bottom but wanted to go lower would you have to wait for it to ramp all the way to max and then work its way back down which could be 45secs or so .

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazikev24 View Post
    Could one of you happy owners please post up a pick of this in your hand?
    Thanks Kam.

Flashaholic

WOW! that was fast! Thanks EngrPaul!
    Yeah that looks like it would just fit in my pocket
    Cheers!

Mine takes about 15 seconds.
    Interesting ... are you sure that was the full ramp (light also flashes at 50%, which takes about 17 secs or so on mine).

Just tested mine on 2xCR123A and 2xRCR, and got the same result as 18650 posted here - about 35 secs in total, with a 50% flash around 17-18 secs.

I'd much prefer a 15 sec total ramp personally - like JetBeam offers on the original 18650-only Jet-IIIlights.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: IMALENT SA04.

Oh, I'm mistaken. It takes about 15 seconds until it flashes (I thought that was the end, not the middle!)

So then 30 seconds is about right.

Unenlightened

Thanks for checking the ramp timings guys - odd that they made it so long but there you go.

@ Kamakazikev24 - our nearest dealer is currently France but one of the UK sellers will be carrying Jetbeam soon

Unenlightened

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EngrPaul

Yes your right (see my post #31), JETBeam confirmed the led is a Q5 A5.
    so which one is it? Q5 or Q3?

Unenlightened

Very nice review. This light looks amazing- I really like the low mode.

I think you've convinced me this is what I need for my first light!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Mii View Post
    so which one is it? Q5 or Q3?
    Q3 5A, as quoted directly from JetBeam in post #31 (in post #33 he made a typo).
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

I just received my JETBeam Jet-III M, OP reflector, warm tint. This is an incredible light -- superbly designed and built! Worth every penny. One difference from what I see in the review, however; my light has a black o-ring in the bezel assembly, and not the red one shown in the review. I wonder if this is to mark the version with the warm tint LED.

One suggestion for JETBeam and Flavio: I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.
    Last edited by JML; 11-10-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    ** EagleTac D25C, D25LC2, & G25C2 Mk. II ** JETBeam Element E3S, Jet-III Pro ST-BVC, Jet-III Military, RRT-01, & RRT-2 Raptor ** Olight Titanium Infinitum #62 (Polished) ** Sunwayman V10R Ti, V20C, & V25C**

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by JML View Post
    I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.
    Get yourself a set of 18350s! They fit perfect, no rattle, longer runtime! The only thing is they're unprotected, but if you change them AS SOON AS the light starts to dim (or sooner), they won't be over discharged.

A fully charged set of UltraFire XSL 18350s will run almost two hours on high before they start to dim. You can buy them here.
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by JML View Post
    One suggestion for JETBeam and Flavio: I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.
    I wonder if this one would work:
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/acc-o...ine-spare.html
    This fits 2 x CR123A or 2 x AW16340 Protected and slides into the Olight M20 instead of an 18650 cell. Since the Olight and the Jet-III M have the same battery options they should work fine in either.

I will try mine once my Jet-III M arrives (hopefully tomorrow).
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    I wonder if this one would work:
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/acc-o...ine-spare.html
    This fits 2 x CR123A or 2 x AW16340 Protected and slides into the Olight M20 instead of an 18650 cell. Since the Olight and the Jet-III M have the same battery options they should work fine in either.
    Yes, it does - but not with the plastic cap screwed on. The plastic cap has protruding portion that doesn't bother the M20 due to the spring in the head, but can't be used with the Jet-III M.

Thanks for the reminder - I meant to include in the review that was rattle of bare 2xCR123A. The Olight battery holder is a perfect fit.

Flashaholic

Has anyone tried this light with 18650 battery? Buyoutgear says they last 3 hours on full.... Sounds good to me!
    The only thing is will these batterys, once charged fully hold there charge or will they slowly self discharge over a few weeks?
    Also do they suffer from memory affect?
    I know this post should really be in the battery thread but as I hope to use these in this flashlight I think it's relevant here, Hope that's OK!
    Kam
    Last edited by Kamakazikev24; 11-11-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: edit

Super Moderator

... this post should really be in the battery thread but as I hope to use these in this flashlight I think it's relevant here, Hope that's OK!
    Kam
    Your post is perfectly OK here, as the query is directly relevant to the light.
    Resistance is futile...

Has anyone tried this light with 18650 battery? Buyoutgear says they last 3 hours on full.... Sounds good to me!
    The only thing is will these batterys, once charged fully hold there charge or will they slowly self discharge over a few weeks?
    Also do they suffer from memory affect?
    There's a runtime of this light on both Max and 50% on 18650 in the first post. Basically, time to 50% was exactly 3 hours on max, and about 6.5 hours on 50%. Those are on AW protected cells (I don't have unprotected cells to compare).

18650 (and all Li-ions) hold their charge for an extensive period of time - there's no significant self-discharge over short period of time. They do not suffer from a memory effect. Note that it is better to store them long-term at less then full capacity, but not depleted. Check out the batteries forum for more general info on Li-ions.

Flashaholic

Missed that, Thanks for the info and many thanks for the reviews that you must spend hours doing!
    Great info on this site. I didn't even know half these flashlights existed before I came here! Not sure if thats a good or bad thing though....... LOL
    Thanks again Kam.

Thanks for the tip and confirmation about the Olight battery sleeve. I just placed an order.

This light is so good that I am finding it hard to resist the urge to buy another...
    Last edited by JML; 11-12-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    ** EagleTac D25C, D25LC2, & G25C2 Mk. II ** JETBeam Element E3S, Jet-III Pro ST-BVC, Jet-III Military, RRT-01, & RRT-2 Raptor ** Olight Titanium Infinitum #62 (Polished) ** Sunwayman V10R Ti, V20C, & V25C**

Flashaholic

Just had an Email from Jetbeam informing me that ledfire.co.uk will be the UK dealer for them!
    And to contact Rob at mail@thephotonshop.co.uk
    There web site is in the process of being updated.
    Just to say I do not have any ties with this online store, just sharing info so that UK members can order from within the UK if they wish to.
    Kam.
    Last edited by Kamakazikev24; 11-12-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: edit

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    Yes, it does - but not with the plastic cap screwed on. The plastic cap has protruding portion that doesn't bother the M20 due to the spring in the head, but can't be used with the Jet-III M.
    You must be able to use the cap after a modification with a sharp knife surely? I might order a couple more spare holders so I have enough for both lights + spare batteries, I might cut off the protrusion on all of them to ensure they all fit either light.

My Jet-IIIM has arrived and it is very nice. The tint is noticeably warmer than every other LED light I own. The minimum is quite a bit lower than my other 2 IBS Jetbeam lights are able to be set to. I quite like the interface - simple yet versatile.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    You must be able to use the cap after a modification with a sharp knife surely?
    That might work. But note that the Jet-III M doesn't use a spring (like the M20) but only has a slightly raised contact button in the head. It looks to me like it should be able to clear the olight plastic cap opening with the cap's lanyard attachment removed, but you would have to test this.