• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Seoul Light Engine can. XRCAN-S Can

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be putting online a replacement for the two part ESCan and EScrew with the XRCAN-S. I know the XR part designates a Cree XR.

The XRCan supports the 650 MCPCB for the XRE Cree LED. The new XRCAN-S looks almost identical to the XRCAN and they are virtually identical.

The difference is the XRCAN-S has the inner ledge down ~0.020" to lower the Seoul MCPCB down the 20 thous. This keeps the focal point consistant with the ESCREW assembly putting the Seoul P4 at the same focal point.

The ESCREW/ESCAN and the XRCAN-S once assembled are interchangeable if both have a Seoul P4. Thus, the XRCAN-S supercedes the ESCREW/ESCAN as the new method to make a LE with a Seoul P4 LED. The one piece can is IMHO simplier to make.

I do not know of there is interest in Seoul P7 or Cree MC-E version and I don't know offhand if it would only be a new MCPCB or require a new can to put the LED at the correct focal point.

The status of the XRCAN-S is they are at the platers and should be back this week. They will then be put online.

We will enable all ESCREWs that remain in private stock and when they are gone there is no current plans on making more of the ESCREWS as they are expensive to make since it requires a turn and a mill operation.

The other minor difference is the bottom outter diameter has been reduced a small amount. This prevents then from sticking together and also privides clearance where we put the label to designate what type of LE it is.

Wayne

sskyy

Newly Enlightened
Will the new XRCAN-S work with the 650 MCPCB for the XRE Cree LED? Or should I still use the XRCan?
Thanks

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use any 0.650" MCPCB with either XRCAN or XRCAN-S. The XRCAN and Cree MCPCB are a matched pair focal point wise and the XRCAN-S and Seoul 650 MCPCB are a matched pair.

Using the XRCAN-S and Cree 650 MCPCB will work and the focal point will be down 20 thous from the XRCAN and Cree 650 MCPCB. There might be a configuration where this is desireable or vice versa.

Wayne

sskyy

Newly Enlightened
Very clear explanation, thanks.
Any news when the XRCan will be back in stock?

thegeek

Enlightened
I couldn't find the XRCAN-S on the Shoppe site, is it still in the works or should I pick up an ESCREW/ESCAN while they are still available? Will the XRCAN-S put the SSC P4 at focus in an Aleph 1 head or will I still need to lift the emitter a bit?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

Will you be offering XRCAN-S sized, bare MCPCB's for the Seoul emitter?

When will the new XRCAN-S be available for purchase?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if the XRCAN and RICAN-S will be identical to the eye?
Are we going to have to take a measurement to differentiate the two if they get mixed up.
Could they be marked in manufacturing?
A very shallow groove in the outside maybe?
For future batches of course

I do like the design of the XRCAN better and it is easier to put together.
I just make sure AAE gets around the 650MCPCB so theres enough surface transfering heat thru the Can into the Body

Latest posts