Options on MCE optics?

MtLuke

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to build an MCE based light and am having trouble finding anyone that has optics in stock.I have an order pending with Cutter (Carclo optics) but so far nothing here.
I see that many people are building many other MCE based lights, what optics or reflectors are people using?
I do notice that the MCE dome is larger than an XRE and is more like a Luxeon dome, will a Luxeon optic fit the MCE?
My optics for XRE's sort of fit, but a lot of light leaks out the sides and it just seems a waste of light at this point.
Any info would be appreciated.

Eric S

Eamon

Newly Enlightened
Fraen has an MR11 reflector coming out this week. It's going to be available thorugh Arrow electronics. The Fraen datasheet is here:
http://www.fraensrl.com/images/Fraen-FRC-MCE-datasheet.pdf

Arrow's catalog page is here;
http://www.arrownac.com/mktg/nac/mi...or_guide/fall_2008/lighting_fall08_optics.pdf

According to the guy I talked to at Fraen, they have a couple of 20mm TIR collimators that also work with the MCE, in 29 and 36 deg floods. In any event, I ought to have samples of the Fraen bits in hand within the next ten days or so. Ledil is showing a number of things on their site, as is Carclo, but unavailable as yet.

I'm going to build a couple of different MCE lights in different configurations and I'll post comments to the list. I'm particularly interested to see how the FRC works out in the 11-deg spot.

Eamon

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought of using the best XR-E focusing device (a Sandwich shoppe 19 mm reflector) for my MC-E project but have just tried it and the dome is a little bit to wide.
In short I`ll try with a reamer.

the 27 mm SS reflector works good with its large hole.

dnlwthrn

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Carclo "tight" in 26.5mm size. It fits nicely, can't tell at this point how well it will work. So far I'm still bench testing, as I don't have a completed housing for the MC-E.

MtLuke

Newly Enlightened
I also bought the 19mm reflectors from Sandwich shoppe, I had to enlarge the hole but I get the dreaded 'ring' and I'm having a hard time getting it to go away.
This is the main reason I've posted asking for suggestions on optics.
Anyone try the Fraen Reflectors like Amoeba uses?
My Carclo stuff is still not shipped from Cutter.

Eric S

Odysseus

Newly Enlightened
I am researching MC-E optics as well, looking particularly for RGBW optics. What I have found so far:

Ledil Eva (C10684), 16 deg
BOOM-MC-S (C10569), 20 deg
BOOM-MC-M (C10570), 28 deg
CA10944_RGBX-MC-M, 26 deg
CA10861_Iris, 11 deg, and
CA10953_Iris-M., 30 deg.

Fraen FRC-N1-MCE-OR, 10 deg
FRC-N1-MCE-OR, 30 deg
FRC-N1-MCE-OR, 29 deg and
FRC-N1-MCE-OR, 45 deg.

Carclo Tight Plain, 10193, 20 deg,
Narrow Frosted, 10194, 24 deg,
Medium Frosted, 10195, 27.5 deg
Wide Frosted, 10196, 45 deg,
RGBW Frosted Narrow, 10392, 19 deg,
RGBW Medium Frosted, 10393, 26 deg, and
RGBW Frosted Wide, 10394, 35 deg.

Has anyone found MC-E optics besides these? I want to know.

Has anyone tried the RGB optics listed above? If so, what's your critique?

Ody