Bead-blasting my L0D..?

Siggyhk

Newly Enlightened
I've been considering taking my Fenix L0D to my local knife shop and having the guys there bead-blast it for me just to freshen/change it up a bit. I'm not sure on the specifics of thier machine, but they've done quality jobs for me before on knife pocket clips.
I'm wondering if there is any reason to not have this done, and if I do go through with it, are there any tips I could pass on to them prior to doing the job. Obviously they'd need to make sure the lense doesn't get damaged, so any advice on how to go about that would be great. Also, would I want to stay away from blasting the threads, and would I need to be concearned with the potential of the light rusting if the finish is removed? Lastly, could I expect the Fenix logo to be totally removed, leaving a nice even finish to the light?
Thanks for the advice guy. -Joe

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to ask for texture samples after the finish. I did have my stainless steel wrist watch bead blasted. I just used the electrical tape to cover the dial. It came out look like titanium finish. :D The beads were glass but they also have sand (with different sizes) as well as other mediums. I also have my other watch bead blasted but I taped some parts so that it finally came out 2 tones.:twothumbs
I am not sure if aluminum is a good candidate and guess it will come out very dull or heavy satin finish which not easy to polish like smooth surface.