Any you guys had a DOA Surefire 6P?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought the 6P yesterday and I can't get the thing to light!
I checked the voltage of the included Surefire cells and their fine.

I assume the bulb is faulty. The threads are tight and clean and all of that. What a pain.

Anything I have overlooked?

James...

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most likely the bulb, these things do happen on (a rare) occasion. You could try removing the tailcap and shorting the battery to the body to rule out switch problems. The 6P is really a very simple light and not many things besides bulbs and batteries can go wrong with them.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
NeonLights,

I've checked the bulb and the filament is broken at one end.

I have spoken with the supplier and I have to send it back and then they have to send it to Surefire in the states!

Oh well, my first Surefire and first DOA.

Thanks for the response.

James...

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
James,

Hopefully, Surefire and your dealer will make things right for you in no time, and to include a little complimentary gifts of some sort like free batteries or holsters. In manufacturing and quality control, I do understand it is empirically impossible to achieve 100%. Yet Surefire has been so good it would only make them even better if they make it up to those who actually got something that SF's quality control department does not catch. Just my 2 cents.

With Aloha,

Clarence

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I own a couple of Surefire G2 models. One of them came with a bulb that was DOA, right out of the box.

It happens. But not a common thing.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
NeonLights,

I've checked the bulb and the filament is broken at one end.

I am spoken with the supplier and I have to send it back and then they have to send it to Surefire in the states!

Oh well, my first Surefire and first DOA.

Thanks for the response.

James...

Just contact Surefire directly. I did that for a P91 that I got here in NZ, it went discoloured and died after about two minutes use. I sent an email direct to surefire asking if they would replace it, and although it took a long time to finally get it, the replacement turned up in the post. They did not require the dud lamp to be returned, just sent out the new one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They're much better with phone in my experience.

So true. It's like a running joke on CPF.

I still recall a recent topic where someone asked what's the best way to contact Surefire..... and then you saw one post after another that all said, "Call them." :D

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Hi Jimmy, you are still online so you may catch me. We are leaving in 5 minutes for our last posting for the week. I know how frustrating it is to have to wait, especially if you have a problem with your new quality torch. If you ring me before we leave for the PO, I will send you a new Lumens Factory 6V globe, free. I asked who the dealer was as I didn't want to offend one of my dealers. If we send it now you will have it Monday, if we miss each other I am sure the dealer will have it sorted.

My number is 1300 911 007.

Good luck

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to the generosity of a fellow CPF member, my 6P is now operational. I'm not sure if the person would want their name mentioned here but thanks again.

A working torch - MUCH BETTER!!

Thanks to all of you who provided advice with regards to my problem DOA light.

Take care.

James....

Glen C

Enlightened
Ampdude, I have heard of quite a few from dealers, in all honesty I don't think it is Surefire's fault as it is a long trip especially if it is sea freight

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Just bought the 6P yesterday and I can't get the thing to light!
I checked the voltage of the included Surefire cells and their fine.

I assume the bulb is faulty. The threads are tight and clean and all of that. What a pain.

Anything I have overlooked?

James...

I've never had a Surefire DOA ever. Not saying it can't happen, but just hasn't happened to me.

They have excellent customer service, you'll be taken care of.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let Surefire know about it.

Oh yeah, call them. :D

Well, my P60 will bve at the bottom of my SF List...I don't want to send in 4 things at once/call asking about 4 things...however, I did complain about my MN01 going after 2 days (which is common from what I hear) and just recieved a replacement yesterday. Now ihave to have them replace my tail cap on my E2L (the light/tail cap still work, just a busted piece of plastic in there after dropping it on the tarmac.)