• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pacific and Baltic AAA models...questions

Tech IV

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

In the Pacific and Baltic AAA Luxeon models what is the difference in the electronics?
Any real difference in the body of the lights?

Also the peak web site does not breakdown the cp ratings of the various Baltic AAA luxeon models.

They show:

XLR
HP
UP
SP

does anybody know the cp rating of each version?

Thanks
Ken

Tech IV

Newly Enlightened
Baltic info ?

Thanks Norm but I am looking for the cp ratings of the Baltic. I've seen the ratings for the Pacific.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Baltic info ?

The electronics of the Pacific and Baltic Sea are the same.

The cp rating will be slightly lower on the Baltic Sea for each power level, because the smaller reflector does not focus the beam as tightly as the Pacific. Overal output (lumens) should be the same between the two models at any power level.

jerry i h

Enlightened
Truth be told, their website is totally stupid. Hard, concrete answers to your question do exist, but you have to phone them live to get info; the website will be of no help :dedhorse:.

BTW: I have the Baltic, and it is very close to the L0D I had before I lost it in the mountains.

Last edited:

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Tech, I'm fortunate to own 2 Baltics and a Pacific. Based on my educated/unscientific "eyeball" tests, I think of...

... the Baltic XLR as a cleverly miniaturized, long-running Inova X-5...

... and the Baltic UP as a Peak Matterhorn 3-LED on mega-bright steroids...

... and my Pacific UP as a bargain near-equivalent to the vaunted Surefire L4.

I'm giving the brass Baltic UP to Ms. TW for Christmas... to upgrade her old-but-cherished brass Matterhorn!

These are all great lights. Hope this perspective helps.