help in choosing an HID searchlight

Iain

Newly Enlightened
It seems the L35 wont be available this year - and as I am off on my safari straight after christmas I must make another plan.
I want a really powerful light for game viewing at night - needs to be portable for night walks of 1-2hours duration, and also able to operate from a car.
Ideal would be to be able to run or charge the light from the car, (either would do well)
The availability here in south Africa is a big problem, and everything is much more expensive as well.
The two lights I think I can get hold of fairly easily at this notice and without incurring massive costs in shipping are the Wolf eyes crocodile and one of the many brandings of the X990
I feel both lights are interesting but trying to decide between the two is very hard
Wolf eyes - more expensive, extra battery VERY expensive, blueish light which seems to cut down on visible lumens,
but long lasting battery, lithium ion, all aluminium body and a local supplier - though how good he will be remains to be seen.
X990 clone, cheaper, lower temp light seems more visible, very good write ups in CPF reviews, tried and tested, operates directly of car lighter plug without running batteries down, 2 batteries with, and probably cheaper if I have to replace them in a few years
but less fancy construction, NIMH batteries only, no local supplier (though helpful overseas ones)
I guess if I could see the lights in action and one was much better than the other I would go for it - I have read up as much as I can - particularly reviews and beamshots on CPF - and the general opinion seems very much in favour of the X990 as a better light - Id value your opinion as I am a bit stuck and need to make a firm decision within the next week. Would love to go for a Polarion but that is WAY too expensive (!!!) these two I can just about stretch to. after much search I really don't think there are any others I can get hold of.
What I am looking for is personal views from you guys if you have owned or tested either of the lights - as I say I have scoured the forums pretty hard for opinions and have read carefully all those I found.