saw a neat light at menards

nitebrite

Enlightened
hi guys,

i don't know if this is old news.

menards has a cree light that takes 2xaa at the registers. it's called outdoorsman or something. it says "aluminum 145 lumens". it appears to have a rubber grip. what i liked is it is very small for a 2xaa light. i almost grabbed it thinking it was a 2x123!

it looked like a glass window too! it's small. i didn't check the price but i am sure it is inexpensive.

nitebrite

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened
I saw a couple of interesting lights at Menards tonight. One was the one you saw and the other was, I think, a 2xAAA light. They went under the brand of Guidesman, which is a Menards brand. I came here hoping to read a review.

I didn't write down the details but the 2xAAA model said 90 Lumens as I recall. One of the packages included two lights for $15. I think it was the 2xAAA package. The other package, as I recall, was $12 for one.

I'll have to go back and take better notes. I would have bought one tonight but I found the Rayovac Sportman Extreme 3xC for $23 so I brought that home.

They also had a couple of multi-LED flashlights under the Guidesman name but they didn't interest me much.

balldeeloxxx

Newly Enlightened
that led light by guidesman that claims "145 lumens" is not even close to being accurate. i have a rayovac thats rated at 80 lumens and it outshines it hands down. i should have figured for 12 bucks it couldnt be all that good.

notrefined

Enlightened
I have a couple of both the "1 watt" and "3 watt" versions, and I was suprised to note that the one watt version (both specimens) appear brighter and whiter than the three watt (both specimens) with the same batteries.