1D Mag?

zmoz

Enlightened
I've been thinking about making myself a 1D mag for one of my everleds. Anybody ever done this before? I'm thinking I could just cut off the end and make new threads...does anybody know what size the threads are?

paulr

Flashaholic
There's a guy on ebay who has been cutting 2d mags down to 1d and putting in an LED head, so the idea is ok. I don't think everleds work that well on just one cell though. Some other thread gave some electrical measurements.

zmoz

Enlightened
Yeah...that's where I got the idea. I think he might just glue the cap in or something though, because it has a charging jack in the cap. I just tried an everled with 1D in my 2D mag, it's definately dimmer, but still makes plenty of light.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
3 or 4 aa's will fit in the space of a dcell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

you could either make a batt holder yourself, or buy a 3 to d from elektrolumens when they are available.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the one on e-bay, he is running it off of 3 NiMHs... I might rip it apart and stick in my own NiMHs when I'm through and if I get it...

If I can sink my hands into some Sub-Cs or LiIon18650s, I might be able to crank a few in there as well and drive dat2zip's sandwiches off of it...

zmoz

Enlightened
So does anybody have any ideas how I could make threads for the tail cap after it has been cut shorter?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E-Bay person (TNC) has advised that he will cut down and rethread a Mag xD body to a Mag 1D body for $20 per body supplied to him.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously, if the reflector or even the LS needs some modding, you can always swap it out for a better one... You can even put the new LS on a small pedestal to allow for a better focus...

zmoz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lemlux said:
The E-Bay person (TNC) has advised that he will cut down and rethread a Mag xD body to a Mag 1D body for $20 per body supplied to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay someone?! What kind of flashaholic are you?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually...I'm thinking it should be relatively simple, just cut it and tap the end. Does anybody have any idea what size the threads are?