Hi from Udaipur, India!
Things here are great. It was sad to say g'bye to our driver, whom we've had since arriving in India - he was awesome. But we've flown to Udaipur from Jaipur, and after finding out that the hotel we reserved wasn't anything like their website said or showed, we contacted our travel agent in Mumbai, and she called them and said we had an emergency and had to leave... we paid for half a night and got outta there, and ended up finding an awesome hotel nearby, for not too much more.
Anyways, we love India, love the people and the food, and are fascinated by the stark differences in our two countries,
The Princess has been great! I can't stand looking on CPF on the iPhone, so a post will have to wait until I return? But I wanted to give you a quick update.
A few of the uses:
- Light during the many regular power outtages
- reading next to sleeping girlfriend who I don't want to wake
- looking in my deep backpack
- pulling it out at a marble mosaic gallery when they were showing how the mosaics glow with a flashlight behind them... their plastic incan didn't quite show it off as best as it could
- used as a stand-in for the sun on a cloudy day while visiting an 200-year-old observatory with super precise instruments all derived from the light from the sun at different times of the day
And finally, flashlights were not allowed in the Taj Mahal, and the ARMED guards checking people's bags and patting us down were making sure of it. BUT, I hate breaking promises, so I hid the light underneath a notebook and a money belt, in a small pocket of my bag, and hoped for the best (the worst being he finds it and shoots me,
(LOL)... And voilà! No problem! Then, a QUICK photo (not the best) while no one was looking, and that's a wrap!
Anyways, I am loving it. And even Amy thinks it's cool, which is saying a lot, since a new flashlight usually gets met with an eye roll!
Gotta go - hope all is well Fred! We head to Mumbai on Thursday, which should be great, although we will have to be extra careful.