I need a dropin for the least cash...

oronocova

Enlightened
Hi,
I just finished asking the same question a week or two ago and did some research on cpf. Seems DX sku 6090 is not believed to generate so much heat as to cook the led. I went this route for my sister's gift as she won't have to think about it. It is surprisingly bright, easily illuminates objects at 100yds. Shines eyes/reflectors much further.

For myself I like the looks of sku 17593... you can have the stock three modes or even a very low mode with the ramping. Even if it does make lots of heat on high you could excercise control and get by I believe. It's on my DX wish list and I will probably try it in a month or so if nothing better looking comes out.

Oh, and they are both cheap.

-Jon

kramer5150

Flashaholic
14442 should be just fine in a plastic bezel G2. Use it on low for ~40L, Med for ~80 and sporadically on high for ~135L. I would not recommend 11836, I find it quickly overheats in my M2 without foil wrapping.

cyberspyder

Enlightened
I'm venturing out on a guess here, but the DX lumen ratings aren't very accurate, are they? Is the 14442 the brightest one? How does it stack up with the Solarforce one from ttran?

Thanks, Brendan

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm venturing out on a guess here, but the DX lumen ratings aren't very accurate, are they? Is the 14442 the brightest one? How does it stack up with the Solarforce one from ttran?

Thanks, Brendan

Not sure how well it compares to that one... but, yes disregard DX lumen specs. My 14442 is the Solarforce R2-M is very throwy and emits around 40/80/130L (give or take).

my 14442 review here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHg0FuFHphs

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
For a couple dollars more you can get a UF 501B flashlight with an R2 dropin included. It is almost as bright as a Deerelight P60.

x2... if you need an inexpensive host to go with it. I don't use my 501B as much as my surefires, but my son uses it all the time hosting a 6090. Its a very good light for the $$.

Latest posts