First impressions: Fenix TK10 vs. Eagletac T10C2

lightcacher

Newly Enlightened
I received both these lights in the mail the other day but last night was the first time I've gotten to try them in the great outdoors.

My mom had to go into the hospital unexpectedly and she wanted me to go over and check around her house to make sure everything was ok. After leaving the hospital, I made the one hour drive to her house and it was around 2am by the time I got there. Her place sits on a little over three acres which has many shrubs and large trees. A couple of her neighbors have outside night lights but they are some distance away so mom's place is totally dark. Upon getting out of the car, I fired up the Fenix TK10 on low and panned around the yard. The beam had decent spill and enough throw for most applications. Switching to high, the Fenix exhibited a nice, wide beam with great throw and I was easily able to illuminate large areas of the yard. Overall, I was impressed. Next, I turned on the Eagletac T10C2 on low. I immediately marveled at it's wide, smooth beam with excellent throw. After sweeping the area on low, I cranked it up on high and was amazed at how completely it blanketed the area with light. The beam was wide and smooth and the throw was very impressive. I know there are more powerful lights out there but there's throw and then there's useable throw and that's what this light has. Both these lights are well built, in fact, the Fenix may be overbuilt but when it comes to performance, the Eagletac has a definite edge. I love the Fenix and there is no doubt it is a quality light but just from a personal standpoint, I like the Eagletac better. For me its lighter weight and thinner body make it more comfortable for day to day use and I especially like the fact that it will tail stand if needed. The Eagletac is less expensive and I'm sure it would probably not be as durable as the beautifully over-engineered Fenix but for me, it's superior performance is enough to tip the scales in it's favor.

This has been just a first impression of these two great lights and over time, my opinion may change but if I could choose only one, it would be the Eagletac. The nice thing is, I have them both and isn't that what being a flashaholic is all about?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received both these lights in the mail the other day but last night was the first time I've gotten to try them in the great outdoors.

My mom had to go into the hospital unexpectedly and she wanted me to go over and check around her house to make sure everything was ok. After leaving the hospital, I made the one hour drive to her house and it was around 2am by the time I got there. Her place sits on a little over three acres which has many shrubs and large trees. A couple of her neighbors have outside night lights but they are some distance away so mom's place is totally dark. Upon getting out of the car, I fired up the Fenix TK10 on low and panned around the yard. The beam had decent spill and enough throw for most applications. Switching to high, the Fenix exhibited a nice, wide beam with great throw and I was easily able to illuminate large areas of the yard. Overall, I was impressed. Next, I turned on the Eagletac T10C2 on low. I immediately marveled at it's wide, smooth beam with excellent throw. After sweeping the area on low, I cranked it up on high and was amazed at how completely it blanketed the area with light. The beam was wide and smooth and the throw was very impressive. I know there are more powerful lights out there but there's throw and then there's useable throw and that's what this light has. Both these lights are well built, in fact, the Fenix may be overbuilt but when it comes to performance, the Eagletac has a definite edge. I love the Fenix and there is no doubt it is a quality light but just from a personal standpoint, I like the Eagletac better. For me its lighter weight and thinner body make it more comfortable for day to day use and I especially like the fact that it will tail stand if needed. The Eagletac is less expensive and I'm sure it would probably not be as durable as the beautifully over-engineered Fenix but for me, it's superior performance is enough to tip the scales in it's favor.

This has been just a first impression of these two great lights and over time, my opinion may change but if I could choose only one, it would be the Eagletac. The nice thing is, I have them both and isn't that what being a flashaholic is all about?

+1!

Great post! Totally agree... Those were exactly my impressions as well.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightcacher,

Thanks for sharing your impression of these lights. I have the TK10 and really like it, equal brightness as Tiablo A9 but more usable beamshape for normal situations, in my opinion. The Eagletac T10C2 is according to many reviews an even better flashlight. Had been interesting to compare it to my 4E20 creation. Link Surely its quite equal to the 4E20 with 3 of the 4 lights on. And that is noticable brighter than Fenix TK10.

Regards, Patric

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to receive my T10C2 to do a comparison with the TK10 and the M20!

I ordered them on 17th november, they left the store the same day, but it seems to be a long way to me... :mecry:

I said "they" because the T10C2 is in company of a T10C! :whistle:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

I feel like I've seen a few folks compare the TK10 to the T10C2... but how would the T10C2 do compared to a TK11? The TK11 is significantly more powerful than the TK10.

Any thoughts?

I have a TK11 which I love but am very curious about the T10C2...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to receive my T10C2 to do a comparison with the TK10 and the M20!

I ordered them on 17th november, they left the store the same day, but it seems to be a long way to me... :mecry:

I said "they" because the T10C2 is in company of a T10C! :whistle:
I said "they" because the T10C2 is in company of a T10C!

You'll be plenty impressed with them... They make a fantastic couple.

The Sun

Enlightened
Guys,

I feel like I've seen a few folks compare the TK10 to the T10C2... but how would the T10C2 do compared to a TK11? The TK11 is significantly more powerful than the TK10.

Any thoughts?

I have a TK11 which I love but am very curious about the T10C2...

the T10C2 is brighter (ceiling bounce, total output), and throws just about as far as the TK11. in other words the T10C2 outshines the TK11 as well (pun intended) in every area but one...battery choices.

i have the T10C2, T10C, TK10, and TK11, and the T10C2 is at the top of the pack, followed closely by the T10C (as bright, and throws as far as the TK10), then the TK11, with the TK10 bringing up the rear.

Last edited:

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting the comparison. I don't own any Fenix lights (yet) but I do find my T10C2 to be very versatile and powerful.

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
You guys are killing me with these reviews of the Eagle Tacs. I'm completely in the market for a P10C2, but was hoping I could find something else in its price range that might add just one additional, and lower mode. The low mode on the Eagle Tacs seem to be too high to make it an all around light for me, which is what I'm seeking. I'd like to be able to reach for one light for utility use, cycling, working under the hood, various contracting work, spying on my neighbors.. :)

I realize I probably won't find that in one light for under $60.00, but I suppose the Fenix P3D and the Lumapower Encore come closest... I suppose I need to post a request for recs. I get the feeling I'm going ot end up buying two $60 lights to come up with the needed compromise.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are killing me with these reviews of the Eagle Tacs. I'm completely in the market for a P10C2, but was hoping I could find something else in its price range that might add just one additional, and lower mode. The low mode on the Eagle Tacs seem to be too high to make it an all around light for me, which is what I'm seeking. I'd like to be able to reach for one light for utility use, cycling, working under the hood, various contracting work, spying on my neighbors.. :)

I realize I probably won't find that in one light for under $60.00, but I suppose the Fenix P3D and the Lumapower Encore come closest... I suppose I need to post a request for recs. I get the feeling I'm going ot end up buying two $60 lights to come up with the needed compromise.

I have a t10l. The low mode is actually perfect for most tasks - the only time it won't work is if you don't want to be noticed, eg, waking somebody up.it's actually ok for me even for getting up at night, just not If somebody's nearby.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came today from Eagletac-Store (4Sevens), and as my first "REAL" light, I must say WOW<WOW<WOW

Great Price, Fast Shipping, Great Light!

SW2

Mine also come from there...

They are the first lights I order in the US. My wife works at the luxembourgish postal company, according to her, such parcels have a certain risk, it's a long way. I often order little, unintersting things (for bad guys) in the US, until now I've never had a problem though, usual shipping time is 10 to 15 days, today is day number 10 for my 2 little babies.

So, I'm getting nervous, I always am if something ordered is on the way, I guess it's a sort of addiction, the human body produces endorphines and adrenaline. Once I find a blue note in my mail, that a parcel has arrived, happyness mixes with excitement and I have to wait another day to hold it in my hands and to get the lights out of all their packings.

The comes the peak, when they are inspected, cleaned, lubed and filled with cells. You have to push the power button! I start on low first, but the question for the T10C2 is, if I shouldn't put it directly on high and go into a dark room and wait a minute before I play "only seeing is believing"?

To get back to the topic : My TK10 will also be in that room, together with the M20 equipped with the SMO... :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
After reading multiple posts about T10C2, i returned my TK 11, and will be ordering a T10C2. The only thing ill miss is an ability to run a 18650 cell. I also have a E2DL wich is all throw and a good one too so i cannot wait to compare the two.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading multiple posts about T10C2, i returned my TK 11, and will be ordering a T10C2. The only thing ill miss is an ability to run a 18650 cell. I also have a E2DL wich is all throw and a good one too so i cannot wait to compare the two.

Wow! I'm impressed! I felt like the lights were fairly comparable--nohcho, you have to tell us how you like the T10C2 compared to your old TK11!

And thanks, The Sun, for the comparison!

Much appreciated. I may have to "buy both" here...
:devil:

The Sun

Enlightened
Mine also come from there...

They are the first lights I order in the US. My wife works at the luxembourgish postal company, according to her, such parcels have a certain risk, it's a long way. I often order little, unintersting things (for bad guys) in the US, until now I've never had a problem though, usual shipping time is 10 to 15 days, today is day number 10 for my 2 little babies.

So, I'm getting nervous, I always am if something ordered is on the way, I guess it's a sort of addiction, the human body produces endorphines and adrenaline. Once I find a blue note in my mail, that a parcel has arrived, happyness mixes with excitement and I have to wait another day to hold it in my hands and to get the lights out of all their packings.

The comes the peak, when they are inspected, cleaned, lubed and filled with cells. You have to push the power button! I start on low first, but the question for the T10C2 is, if I shouldn't put it directly on high and go into a dark room and wait a minute before I play "only seeing is believing"?

To get back to the topic : My TK10 will also be in that room, together with the M20 equipped with the SMO... :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

go for high mode first!!! it will beat out both of those other lights in total output. i have a roundup going on right now with the M20 R2, E2DL, T10C2, CL1H V4 R2, TK10, AND TK11 i'll be putting beamshots up later on tonight, check it out. :D

and you will love the T10C it's one of my favorites, it even beats out the TK10 on one cell!!!!

Last edited: