Surefire E2L....high setting before low?

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
I have an E2L and like the light, but I wish that my first press of the tail cap would come on the HIGH mode first, not the low mode.

Is there a way to mod this light or buy a different tail cap to make this happen?

Size15's

Flashaholic
As the switching of the dual output KX2 bezel is electronic - it is controlled by the electronics in the bezel. The TailCap switch has no special part to play - one could use any E-Series TailCap switch including the UE07 remote tape pressure switch.

As for whether the KX2 bezel's electronics could be modified - I suspect it would be rather difficult.
However, one could perhaps(?) (with less difficulty?) transplant the internals from an E2DL bezel into the KX2 bezel...

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Anybody know of a way to swap the modes on this light?

crocodilo

Enlightened
If you like the E2L and would rather have high coming on first... get an E2DL! More powerfull high mode (with less runtime), black body, crenelated bezel (don't worry, it's not as agressive as it may seem).

nimdabew

Enlightened
I have the E2DL and the E1L as my two main go-to lights. If you want the high setting first, I would get the E2DL as well.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I would save up and buy an E2DL IF it came on in low mode first.
:laughing:
We are nuts!

Really what I would like is a 2 stage E2L with the high being 80 and the low being 2, low mode first, and a HAIII tailstanding tailcap without going for aftermarket parts or modding anything.
:paypal: