• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Problem with Rebel flower?

wquiles

Flashaholic
Wayne (or anyone that can help),

I am building a custom light for a forum member and he gave me a Rebel Flower (fully soldered and assembled with 7 LED's) along with the reflector/holder. It is used (supposed to be used less than 15 minutes), and supposed to be in good working condition, but I can't make it work at all. I tried resoldering the "+" and "-" contacts, but nothing.

Are those LED's in series or parallel? How is it supposed to work? Anything obvious I am forgetting to check?

Will

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LEDs are wired in series. Since they are in series it takes more than 15V or so to light them up.

To test I would set the current limit to 0.020 or basically off and raise the supply voltage slowly till they light up.

Wayne

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thanks much for the quick reply Wayne ;)

I suspected they were wired in series, so I tried with my 0-25V, 1A supply, and slowly increased the voltage, but nothing ever came up. This would point out to one or more LED's failed in the "open" mode. Now that I know for sure they are in series, I would like to test each one at a time. I will report later tonight ;)

Will