• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph XR Can Price Increase???

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at the Sandwich Shoppe site, and the price of the Aleph XR Can is $14.00 - $14.75!?! That is a $10 increase from the last time that I bought them ($4.75). What happened???

Ms_SS

Enlightened
The XR Can replaces the E-Can/E-Screw and needed to be price adjusted. We should have done it a long time ago.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who make a light engine for personal use can still make it with components that cost less than a finished product.

for those that make a LE and then resell will also still make a profit while reduced it still generates value added for those that wish to do this.

For those that are considering making these and offering them at near cost to help other CPF'ers this actually hurts all of us as the Shoppe will no longer make any sales and thus have a reduction in net profit. If the shoppe can not generate a net profit we will migrate our business to non CPF related items or just flat out close the business if it is not profitable. Remember we roll all our net profit back into the Shoppe as new products, research and development.

You can support the shoppe with continued purchases so we can offer future products and services. Advice, good or bad is highly welcomed and suggestion for any way we can improve our products and services.

Wayne

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who make a light engine for personal use can still make it with components that cost less than a finished product.

for those that make a LE and then resell will also still make a profit while reduced it still generates value added for those that wish to do this.

For those that are considering making these and offering them at near cost to help other CPF'ers this actually hurts all of us as the Shoppe will no longer make any sales and thus have a reduction in net profit. If the shoppe can not generate a net profit we will migrate our business to non CPF related items or just flat out close the business if it is not profitable. Remember we roll all our net profit back into the Shoppe as new products, research and development.

You can support the shoppe with continued purchases so we can offer future products and services. Advice, good or bad is highly welcomed and suggestion for any way we can improve our products and services.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne:)

Has the Aleph LE kit has been discontinued?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks Wayne:)

Has the Aleph LE kit has been discontinued?

According to this thread yes they have. But looks like there will be a replacement for them that is similar to the Cree LE kit.

I too noticed the price increase but I never said anything. I fully support Wayne & respect his business decisions. I will burn all your houses down if you guys put them out of business! :p

Last edited:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really I don't see the problem, most of the cpfer's send huge amounts of cash on a variety of lights so an extra ten bucks shouldn't make or break them and the upshot is we have a great supplier bringing us fine prducts. I for one will keep buying from the SS.

Thanks Wayne

Carl

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
It wasn't a problem with me, I was just curious actually...

It used to be $14.75 for one or $4.50 if you bought more than one...
I figured it was a typo for that the big of a discount, I was going to mention it, but I never got around to it, so actually I am glad it is fixed:thumbsup:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK this is confusing...I followed the link DZ provided, and I see the Shoppe will be offering a standard LE kit replacement sans the anodized Escrew.

I was just at the Shoppe's website, and on the front page, December offerings;

Aleph Light Engine kits

:shrug:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advice, good or bad is highly welcomed and suggestion for any way we can improve our products and services.

Why not ask Erin about running a batch of the standard LE kits, or possibly just the Escrew, maybe he can get the Escews produced for less?

Last edited: