• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● Tasklight Two -- A CR2 worklight/flashlight ●=●=●

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
●=●=● Tasklight Two -- A CR2 worklight/flashlight ●=●=●

SOLD OUT: Tasklight Two

Sorry, but these are no longer available.

In stock for immediate delivery.

This was originally made as a custom light for jch79, who wanted a multi-level light to use while soldering, or while assembling lights. Now, I've recreated it with a few variations and produced a small run of 50 pieces.

SPECS:

• Twisty--twist the head to turn it on or off. Battery rattle is controlled with silicone washers (installed).
  • A 1/4" x 20 tpi socket is built into the tail of the light for use with standard tripod screws, or adjustable arms.
  • Mini FluPIC driver provides three brightness levels, plus two other modes--one for setting one of the brightness levels and the other is null.
  • Powered by either a RCR2 or a primary CR2. The light is shipped with a primary battery installed. For rechargeable CR2's, I recommend AW's offerings.
  • The lens is a 1.5mm mineral glass lens.
  • The Khatod reflector is 20mm in diameter and stippled.
  • The LED is a Seoul P4, bin U2SV0H
  • Length is 2.47", diameter is .80" and the weight is 1.4 ounces.
  • Body is 7075AL that has been electroless nickel plated.
  • Body styling is cut knurling that was polished prior to EN plating, so it is very smooth to the touch.
Some photos:

Tasklight-II-slant1.jpg

Tasklight-II-front1.jpg

Tasklight-II-rear1.jpg

Tasklight-II-flex-arm.jpg

Tasklight-II-comp.jpg

Price: $160.00, delivered worldwide.
CONUS shipping includes Delivery Confirmation, but no insurance. Please contact me if you need insurance, or other forms of delivery.

PayPal cash to: paycashpal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Thanks.

+++++++++++++
Mini FluPIC Modes
+++++++++++++
The Mini FluPIC has 5 modes. Each mode is arrived at by turning the light on that many times. For example, to get to mode 1, just turn the
light on. To get to mode 3, turn the light on-off-on-off-on (i.e. 3rd on = mode 3).

The PIC does have memory--it will restart in whichever mode that you last used, i.e., modes 1 through 3.

Mode 1 is preset to burst mode (approx 650 ma)

Mode 2 is user settable to any of about 10 different levels

Mode 3 is preset to low

Mode 4 is null/blank/not used

Mode 5 is used to set the level of Mode 2 - turn the light on 5 times (no light will show for the 4th on). The light level will ramp all the
way up in steps and then ramp down. When the brightness is at the level you want to set for Mode 2, turn the light off and leave it off
for a couple of seconds. Mode 2 is now set at the level it was when you turned the light off.

Additional Notes:

If you go into Mode 4 and just stay there, the PIC will then move into burst mode after a couple of seconds.

The mini FluPIC will only start in one of the first three modes--if the last adjustment you did was to set the user settable level, i.e., Mode 2,
then the light will resume in Mode 1.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: ●=●=● Tasklight Two -- A CR2 worklight/flashlight ●=●=●

Wow, that's beautiful! :thumbsup:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks teriffic:naughty: So so tempted, but have spent too much lately on lights. maybe after christmas(sigh).
does the flupic put out the same levels on 3.0 and 3.7v? traditionally the flupic functions much brighter on 3.7v. I assume the high(burst) level is meant for short runs to avoid shortening the useful life of the seoul?
Thanks Fred for the nice work!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think that 650mA to the P4 will shorten the life of it at all.

Yes, I believe the rechargeable 123 will yield slightly more mA to the emitter.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I take it that the economy and job situation are much worse than I thought--so I've dropped the price a bit.

Hey, if they don't sell, then some folks are getting real nice presents this year. :devil:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

:paypal:

Let's see how it stacks up against the original!

BTW, this light has been AMAZING. :thumbsup: When I'm not using it in my workstation for soldering, it makes an awesome pocket light, due to how small and lightweight it is.

200803260169smld1.jpg

Thanks Fred! :twothumbs

:wave: john

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

BTW, the body of this light is machined from 7075 aluminum, not that cheap 6061AL. :devil:

fasteddie

Enlightened

I'll show my ignorance and ask... what's the flexy, stalky thing that screws into the back of the light in the pic and what size are the threads? tripod size? And whats the half domey, bulby thing to the right? :eek:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll show my ignorance and ask... what's the flexy, stalky thing that screws into the back of the light in the pic and what size are the threads? tripod size? And whats the half domey, bulby thing to the right? :eek:

Ed,

The threads in the bottom of of the Tasklight Two are, indeed, standard tripod socket threads, i.e., 1/4" x 20 tpi (threads per inch).

The black flexible stalk is just that--an articulating metal tube that is covered with heat shrink tubing, both ends have 1/4"-20tpi male threads on them. Obviously one end is inserted into the Tasklight, and the other into a heavyweight metal base, or similar fixed platform.

The other 'half domey, bulby thing' is a magnifying glass, I believe.

fasteddie

Enlightened

Thanks. I really like the combo of the flashlight on the articulated arm stand. The machining on the outside of the light looks terrific. I wish it had a lanyard or keychain attachment in addition to the tripod socket. Anything in the works? :poke:

To follow up:

Where does one find those articulated arm things?

This is the domey thing I was asking about. Not just the dome part, but what's under it. Doesnt look like a tasklight.

Tasklight-II-flex-arm.jpg

Ed,

The threads in the bottom of of the Tasklight Two are, indeed, standard tripod socket threads, i.e., 1/4" x 20 tpi (threads per inch).

The black flexible stalk is just that--an articulating metal tube that is covered with heat shrink tubing, both ends have 1/4"-20tpi male threads on them. Obviously one end is inserted into the Tasklight, and the other into a heavyweight metal base, or similar fixed platform.

The other 'half domey, bulby thing' is a magnifying glass, I believe.

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ed,

The articulating arms are from this company.

Yeah, I've been thinking of making a split ring adapter to fit the Tasklight Two. Probably would be cheapest in AL, although an anodized Ti version might be nice. :devil:

And that domed thingy is a Luce de Notte.

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sweet little light Fred:)