• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

La Petite Killer Question

M

Manovzeal

Hi all,

I just picked up a La Petite Killer (Thanks Arizona Custom Knives!) and found out that my light will shut itself off after running for about 10 minutes. After turning it off for about a minute, the light will run for another 10 minutes or so and shut off again.

As is the light operates in a way that completely satisfies my key chain light requirements, doing so with an amazing amount of craftsmanship. However, I was expecting to be able to run the light uninterrupted until the battery died.

My buddy who ordered the same light has not yet run into this feature(?). Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone educate me on what may be happening with the light?

-Greg

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Greg,

La Petite Killer should be able to run continuously for about 40-50 minutes, on a new battery. As the battery is worn down and the Vout declines, it reaches a point where the driver can not get enough voltage to light the LED. That occurs around 0.9V. If the battery is allowed to recover, the driver will once again be able to light the LED.

Total run time from a single SR44 or 357 should be on the order of 8 hours.

You are right, if used as a short-term lighting solution, there isn't any problem with the light. However, 10 minutes is way too short, so I'm suspecting either a weak/defective battery, or a problem with the driver. Please contact me via PM and we can arrange for you to send it in for replacement.

Latest posts