Spy 009

Arcoholic

Enlightened
Just a thought here would that be the natural progression. Spy005, Spy007, Spy009.
I know you are working on one, ( or least i would like to believe that).

I want CAD`s....... lol

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can I tell you at this point? Hmmm, . . . yes, both a 009 and a 010 are on the table and CAD modeling has started. The only thing I can say about them is, they are both SPY's with STFu's (and STFu MKII's).

As well, there are a few variants of the 007 being hashed out. One is a Cree version of the 007, it is nearly complete. A few variants of the 007 are slightly modified cosmetically, I am still working on the finish. The base model is still in production too, the 007 is not going away. One other variant has an all new . . . :nana:

The SPY is now and will forever be powered by the STFu or its variant. That is not going to change in the foreseeable future. As I have said before, the sizable R&D that went into its creation is undeniable and for now unreproducible. My SPY's will continue to be powered by two CR-123 cells. The STFu MKII is nearly past the requirements stage and now in the design stage. Wayne is working on the layout. I can say that it has three new outstanding features. :grin2: But its specifics are secret and will remain that way till it is proved out.

Thank you everybody for any and all of your input. Any requests? :candle:

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

hamheart

Enlightened
"The man with a golden SPY" :naughty: "GoldenSpy" sorry about the bond puns but i think there should be an auction of a golden 007 :twothumbs

Last edited:

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
If you're adding features to the STFu MKII's, then how about letting the Easter Egg settings be assignable to one of the six levels? Specifically strobe would be very nice as an assignable level. The pulsing up/down would be an added nice touch as an assignable level. Adjusting the strobe intensity/duration would be VERY cool if it could be saved and then assigned to one of the levels.

Is there anything you can do about preventing the "halo" ring as well?

fasteddie

Enlightened
Maybe make the features accessible without having to wrestle the battery cap loose. Perhapse a recessed reset button that just breaks the circuit long enough to serve the same purpose.

If you're adding features to the STFu MKII's, then how about letting the Easter Egg settings be assignable to one of the six levels? Specifically strobe would be very nice as an assignable level. The pulsing up/down would be an added nice touch as an assignable level. Adjusting the strobe intensity/duration would be VERY cool if it could be saved and then assigned to one of the levels.

Is there anything you can do about preventing the "halo" ring as well?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I am now officially going to be in for a spy 009 when it becomes available. I have held out or missed out depending on your view from the 005, and the 007 so I will plan to be part of the 009 and possibly the 010 family as well.

Long RunTime

Enlightened
What can I tell you at this point? Hmmm, . . . yes, both a 009 and a 010 are on the table and CAD modeling has started. The only thing I can say about them is, they are both SPY's with STFu's (and STFu MKII's).

As well, there are a few variants of the 007 being hashed out. One is a Cree version of the 007, it is nearly complete. A few variants of the 007 are slightly modified cosmetically, I am still working on the finish. The base model is still in production too, the 007 is not going away. One other variant has an all new . . . :nana:

The SPY is now and will forever be powered by the STFu or its variant. That is not going to change in the foreseeable future. As I have said before, the sizable R&D that went into its creation is undeniable and for now unreproducible. My SPY's will continue to be powered by two CR-123 cells. The STFu MKII is nearly past the requirements stage and now in the design stage. Wayne is working on the layout. I can say that it has three new outstanding features. :grin2: But its specifics are secret and will remain that way till it is proved out.

Cheers
Dave

:confused:Am I correctly guess that the 009 will be powered by STFu and the 010 with STFu MKII? Would three new outstanding features be offered for both the 009 and 010? I'm in for one.
:popcorn:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused:Am I correctly guess that the 009 will be powered by STFu and the 010 with STFu MKII? Would three new outstanding features be offered for both the 009 and 010? I'm in for one.
:popcorn:

Long Run Time, thanks for asking, I have been pretty quiet about what is in the works because of the bleeding edge of it all and the uncertainty of such.

Wayne has sent me a fully functioning STFu MK-II prototype. So far it has passed several tests. I would say the biggest of which is, that I have not blown it up like I did the two previous MK-II prototypes he sent me. :sweat: :p

The 009 and 010 are still flights of fancy for me and my computer. I am however, working very hard on the variants of the 007. One variant will be the 007 body and battery cap teamed with the STFu MK-II and a new head. This new version of the 007 is currently taking most of my time and I am hoping to have something to show at PF12 and shortly there after on the board.

As soon as I have more to show, rest assured, I will be hitting you all up.

HV2T1178guinness.jpg

this is Guinness, my son's pig

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lordy but you look thin since the last time I saw you Dave but...chowing down on a defenseless little pig??? You beast you!!! :tinfoil:

Karl

PS The new facial tatoos sure are sexy!!!:devil:

Long RunTime

Enlightened
Long Run Time, thanks for asking, I have been pretty quiet about what is in the works because of the bleeding edge of it all and the uncertainty of such.

Wayne has sent me a fully functioning STFu MK-II prototype. So far it has passed several tests. I would say the biggest of which is, that I have not blown it up like I did the two previous MK-II prototypes he sent me. :sweat: :p

The 009 and 010 are still flights of fancy for me and my computer. I am however, working very hard on the variants of the 007. One variant will be the 007 body and battery cap teamed with the STFu MK-II and a new head. This new version of the 007 is currently taking most of my time and I am hoping to have something to show at PF12 and shortly there after on the board.

As soon as I have more to show, rest assured, I will be hitting you all up.

HV2T1178guinness.jpg

this is Guinness, my son's pig

Cheers
Dave
:cool::kewlpics: That pig looks comfortable in that skull's mouth:naughty:. I would take the 007 body and battery cap teamed with the STFu MK-II and a new head as soon as it available:takeit:. Thank you for creating such a masterpiece. I'm in for one definitely. I'm guessing the "three new outstanding features" come from the STFu MK-II right? I won't ask what they are because I like surprise. BTW thanks for a quick reply.

LRT

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, setting the Tri-V aside (as if such a thing is possible,) :ohgeez: what emitters are you considering for your next batch of 007 'standard'? I seem to be in dire need of one to feed the hunger :D.

:faint: ... :devil: ... :broke: ... :D

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, setting the Tri-V aside (as if such a thing is possible,) :ohgeez: what emitters are you considering for your next batch of 007 'standard'? I seem to be in dire need of one to feed the hunger :D.

:faint: ... :devil: ... :broke: ... :D

I have some normal white Seoul P4 emitters and some neutral white emitters in standard 007's. These will be available soon.

Is there something in particular you would like to see?

fyrstormer

Banned

Cheers
Dave
This sentence makes me so happy, Dave. Not because I particularly care about the item in question, but because I'm a software engineer and I haven't gotten to do any damned engineering in months! All my company needs is IT work anymore.

As long as you're taking requests, I'd like a grilled-cheese sandwich. That's another thing I haven't had in months.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm....grilled cheese sandwich....:thinking: That seems to be a menu item for "fisk-king" who offered....

Dave,
In order to help me fund the purchase of this spectacular light I am willing to:
1.) cut your lawn/ clean the pool
2.) wash the family vehicles
3.) prepare the family meals ( macaroni & cheese: breakfast, lunch,dinner)
4.) and any other mundane tasks
I must have Precious...!

Sincerely,
the butler from "The Remains of the Day"

---fisk-king
beautiful flashlight, I will have one someday

I see he's offered to make macaroni and cheese frystormer.....will THAT do?:shrug:

Karl