• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Blazing chrome A3 w/ MC-E

cryhavok

Enlightened
FS: Blazing chrome A3 w/ MC-E BiFluPIC Pricedrop

Updated 3/10: Breaks and rotors need to be replaced, so putting this light up for sale again...

Up for sale is my last Aleph 3 aka the ultimate pocket rocket

Here is a chrome Aleph A3 1xrcr123 that has been fitted with a MC-E driven by a BiFluPIC. This is a complete shelf queen. Some details about the light:

The Aleph 3 has a stunning chrome job and looks amazing. The tailcap is a standard tailcap with NO HOLE in the end for a lanyard...this is very rare! It gives the tailcap a smooth, sleek look. It has the tripod attachment point in the knurling. The backside of the tailcap wasn't sanded when chromed, so has a coffee color tinge to it from the coating. Switch is a McClicky. The host looks flawless. :thumbsup:

The head has sapphire crystal window and black bezel ring. The reflector has been turned down by hand to better focus the MC-E. The reflector has some hairline scratches in it...I'd rate it as a 9/10 and I don't think it affects the beam. As a BONUS, I will include an mint ORIGINAL MCR-38 in new condition. I've had this reflector for months, but haven't gotten to use it.

The LE is a BiFluPIC with burst output at 2.2A. This is accomplished by stacking 2 more regulators on top of a standard FluPIC. The output is shockingly bright! The LE is fully potted and achieves good heat transfer to the head (you can feel the light getting warm after 15 seconds on burst). LED is the MC-E WC tint M bin (430 lumens @350mA). The LED sits on a cut down MCPCB and is fully potted with Arctic Alumina. The tint is great.

I only suggest using AW's new red IMR16340 rcr123s. Using any other rcr123's will likely damage the cells at the high current loads this light can produce (The IMR cells can easily handle 4A output!). The light pulls between 10 and 20 mA on low, ~500 mA on medium, and 2.2A on burst. The low and medium are configurable with 10 output levels between 10 to 20mA on low and 1.6A on high IIRC. Burst is always 2.2A. As with any small light, the burst should be used with caution.

As you can see, the light can be used for relatively long periods giving excellent output, and kicked into high gear to really dazzle.

The MC-E is pretty well focused in with the reflector. It produces an extremely bright spill with potent hotspot. I measured ~14,000 lux@1 meter for the hotspot...but the incredibly bright spill is what makes this light really useful. As with most MC-E lights, there is a slight doughnut in the beam that you can perceive on a white wall, but otherwise it isn't noticeable. You may be able to fiddle with the focus of the LED/reflector to achieve better results.

Now for some pics:

IMG_0007-2.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_00001.jpg

IMG_0005-2.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Now for some beamshots:
All shots taken with exposure set to -2EV and A3 on left running IMR16340. Note that the low and medium levels can be user configured. These beamshots aren't very good as they only show the hotspot and not the incredibly bright spill. :sick2: Lights are approximately 10 feet from white wall.

Lumens Factory E1R 90 lumens in a E2 host on a 17670.
A3 on low:
LFA3low.jpg

A3 on medium:
LFA3med.jpg

A3 on burst:
LFA3high.jpg

A3 on low vs. E2DL low
KL2A3low.jpg

A3 medium vs. E2DL on high
KL2A3med.jpg

A3 burst vs. E2DL on high
KL2A3high.jpg

A3 on low vs. Fenix P1D Q5 on low
P1DA3low.jpg

A3 on medium vs. P1DQ5 on medium
P1DA3med.jpg

A3 on burst vs. P1D on burst
P1DA3high.jpg

My price is set at $425 $400 $375 $350 shipped priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. I can include a relatively new IMR16340 (3 charge cycles on it) for an additional $10. International orders welcome (will need to pay a bit more for international shipping). Insurance can be added if requested. Not responsible for postal mistakes. If using CC for paypal, please add 3%. First "I'll take it" gets it!

Thanks for looking! :wave:
Shawn

Last edited: