Sandwich Shop Clickie Mod

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I am dying to intall some of my new goodies from Wayne/Don, Specifically in a G2Z and M series. HELP!!!! I don't want to break anything. Thanks!

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys, I put on the super magnifier and figured it out. There is a 3/32 allen screw that is accessed through the middle of the spring. Once unscrewed, then there is a threaded retainer that must be removed. This must be done with a retaining ring tool, or something very rigid because the retainer has been secured with Loctite or a trained Gorilla! Now that I think of it, I remember seeing the process on Don's mod site, relating to the E series which is put together the same way, duhhhh.....
Next, remove the aluminum button from the tail cap, drop the Kroll mod into the SF body and attach the cap makeing sure the rubber boot is centered. WOW! this works great. Another spectacular creation from McGizmo. Very Happy! and as usual, great product and delivery from the Samich Shop! Thanks Guys, it makes being in the dark worth while.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
AJ,

After removing the tailcap, you will see a socket allen head screw under the coil spring. Remove the spring. With a 3/32" allen wrench, take out the screw. You will probably have to be pushing on the screw and squeezing the rubber boot to keep the metal button in side from spinning. Once the screw is loose, half of the stock switch asembly will drop out. Now with a pair of needle nose pliers or similar tool (circlip pliers) you need to unscrew the plastic retaining nut that holds in the back side of the switch assembly; namely a metal knob and the boot. With your finger, keep pressure on the button pushing up against the retaining nut. This should keep the nut "level" as it unscrews. This is important because in some of the tail caps, the threads have a discontinious section of no thread where the retaining nut can get off kilter and want to cross thread. Take the nut all the way out.

To assemble with the Kroll module, put the rubber boot back in and then drop in the Kroll module. Tighten the tail cap all the way snugging the shoulder of kroll sleve against the rear lip of the battery tube. The light should work.

- Don

EDIT: well I just went and installed one on a C2 so I could be fresh on the assembly and I come back, finish my post and see I wasted my time here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Don! you never waste youre time here. Your are one of the most creative people here!!!!! In fact I am just a little bit ashamed, that I could not find the first thread, which means, you had to go through the process, but as usual, this is a great mod, and I am still tying to figure out how I can be the marketing arm of McGugchi Enterprises. Or could you just tell where to get a discount on your belts?

Latest posts