A complete noob here. Nevertheless, a seasoned “gadget freak”. I am in the market for a Single AA Cell LED Tactical Lite.
I am considering the following - in no particular order, other than Price vs. Features & Performance.
I must admit that I am 100% disabled do to back injury, and ‘survive’ on (very meager) Social Security. I do treat myself to one “GIFT” at this time of year – I save all change and get myself a present at Christmas...
I will use the lite for: . .
* Must run on single AA (cost of ownership & I have Good rechargeables.
* Reading my Medication bottles do to 50 Year-Old eyes.
* I love to read, and do not sleep well. The only place I read is on the balcony of the Personal Care Home in which I live. There are NO LIGHTS, so I must rely on a Flashlight.
- Only want to buy A Flashlight ONCE! – Quality & Reliability is Tops on this List.
- Small is important. < 3-4”
- Push-Button / Slide is important for one Handed Operation.
- Ability to change Brightness’.
- Would like to change beam focus, but NOT ESSENTIAL.
- Only want to buy A Flashlight ONCE! – Quality is Tops on this List.
- LED Based, so power can be turned down to save battery life & no BULB changing, etc. etc.
- Walking in dark areas in the home at odd hours, when all lutes are out
- To play with, as it is after all an expensive gad
My current CHOICES - IN RANK of what I THINK I like so far. .
So far, I have liked (from only what I have read – but have NOT SEEN)
1) Proton Photon Pro ( w Cree LED) – but VERY $$$
2) Several Coast Tactical Lites (Digi-Tac II) because of $
3) Fenix lots of owners. – but also $$$
4) LOVE the User Interface Gadget features of the proton 2 …
A Long (lifetime- ?) warranty is describable, but WITH easy access to it - is important because of my financial situation, and I can only get one gadget.
QUESTION: Can anyone explain why the Proton Photon Pro 2 Ranges in price from about $40 to about $60. In addition, it lists for $70.
Moreover, how do I know I can trust the vendor?
Who can I trust (ok to email me off-line)
Your pearls of wisdom are greatly appreciated… thank you all, and have a wonderful holiday season!
(If you buy anything electronic, it is obsolete as soon as you leave the store)