• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Luce -- Couple of Trits

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was only a matter of time, wasn't it? :devil:

Someone was going to ask for a Luce with two spheres, so why not?

This Luce has an 11mm Trit in the polycarbonate dome tail and an 18mm Trit in the reflector at the front:

JDLuce2.jpg

JDLuce3.jpg

The body is 6061AL:

JDLuce4.jpg

JDLuce5.jpg

The 11mm sphere is not epoxied in place, although the 18mm is epoxied to the reflector; instead the 11mm is held in place with another piece of polycarbonate that was friction-fit into the dome. The core is hollow, to accommodate the tips of both spheres, which point at one another.

I'm presuming that the customer not only wanted to light the way to the bathroom for himself, but also for his mate, following closely behind. :D

hamheart

Enlightened
it looks beautiful. i cant wait for it to illuminate my nightstand in a soft blue glow. :twothumbs

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:eek:oo:

Do you have a photo of the two polycarb pieces that hold the 11mm sphere in? What a cool idea.

Dig the mirror shots! :thumbsup:

john

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fortunately, the radiation from Tritium unable to penetrate skin, so no lead shield was needed. However, a roll of duct tape, for the mouth and nose was included. :devil:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It was only a matter of time, wasn't it? :devil:

Someone was going to ask for a Luce with two spheres, so why not?

This Luce has an 11mm Trit in the polycarbonate dome tail and an 18mm Trit in the reflector at the front:

JDLuce2.jpg

JDLuce3.jpg
Wow! I'd love to have one of these about the size of a D10 for showing people the trail to the aurorium at night without using a flashlight! Having not used one yet I don't know if the front would be bright enough, but I think that the light from a green 18mm in front would probably be enough to see the ground, especially with snow on it, and a blue one in back for a gentle spot of elven light everyone could follow me by. :huh:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Fantastic! Fred, there should be a flashlight / torch museum with your works of art. :thumbsup: Keep up the great work!