LG 2600mAh unprot. 18650s available?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought these several times in the past, but sold them off with ROPs and the Leef C-C 2x18650 body I used before. Now it appears they're no longer available from either of the dealers I bought them from earlier, and google searches aren't turning any up.
Got a C-M body and Millenium turbohead that I'm using with the LF HO-M3T, but want to run the MN21 again.
The 2200mAh AW unprotected cells from Lighthound that I have now...well, I don't know their safe discharge rate, so was hoping to find the LGs, which I trust.
Anyone know who has them, or an equivalent?
Don't know the specs, or if I'd trust the Tenergy brand 2600mAh.

I called a local Batteries Plus, and one of the salespeople is getting specs on their vendor's 2600mAh unprotected 18650 for me, but again, the LGs are what I'd really like to have.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
SUcks dont it, one of the better cells out there, and the 2 major dealers dont even CARRY it anymore, and after i bought hundreds of them :-(

ok so i didnt NEED to Re-Buy them because they FAIL (like that china junk), but i swear there is still a market for them. disposable society sucks.

the last good ones i found were on e-bay, at about $8 each.
the 2600's arent that much better than the 2400's which ARE a lot better than the 2000's, so if you find 2400's or 2600's it should be good.

you could always get Sony, REAL sonys seem to be good too.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, VidPro. I've checked every dealer I could find online, ebay, amazon, all that good stuff.
Batteryspace...powerizer now, has 2400mAh LG even though they aren't on the site.
They have a Samsung 2600mAh made in Japan with 5.2A discharge rate. I think that's what the LGs were. Still looking, but may go with these. Have to see what kind of specs the guy at the battery store comes back with.
The Samsung are "sale" priced at $15.95.
Any feedback on these, or sources for the LGs welcome.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batteryspace...powerizer now, has 2400mAh LG even though they aren't on the site.

that is what i would get, but be dang sure your not buying LC's when TRYING to get LG's :)

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
I have been using unprotected Sanyo 2600mAh 18650 batteries with my ROP with no apparent problem. I have some batteries left over from my bulk purchase if you would like to try some. PM me for more info.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly those dried up hmm over a year ago. LG hasn't been able to keep up with demand and it basically got to the point that if you couldn't buy 1MM cells a year they weren't gonna bother with you.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Consider a pair of AW IMR18650s....

rest them for 12-24 hours before using on an MN21 to reduce the chance of instaflash.

They should give you around 16+ minutes runtime on the MN21, and will be way brighter than LiCo cells would have been... but bulb life will be lower.

The main thing here is that they are entirely safe for high drain rates. 5 amps is barely breaking a sweat for them.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, AZLight is hooking me up with some of those Sanyos, which should work fine.

I did read up on those IMR cells. Sounds like the 18650s would be wasted on a MN21, since they could take triple the current draw, but don't have much capacity.
I'm tempted to try the IMR 16340s for 15 minutes or so of kicking output from a M3T with a Lumens Factory HO-M6R, but it wouldn't be very practical.

djkt

Newly Enlightened
Here is a link to some LG 2600. I don't know anything about them but I came across them searching for some LG batteries.

Dennis