Olight - S1 - MINI        
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Quote Originally Posted by DAN92 View Post
    $50 for France!
    You fellas need to find a friendly member in the States who will on ship for you. That's what I do.

Norm

Norm,

This is a good thing.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

*Flashaholic*

Brand new: M361N-LMH

XP-G2 emitter at 4000K

The input voltage is 3.4 - 6 volts. Input voltages of more 6 volts may destroy this module. Below 3.4 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive.

This dropin is protected from reverse polarity. The LED is a neutral (4000K) white Cree XP-G2.

Summary of Modes: 15 lumens/75 lumens/375 lumens

Current Draw: 50 ma/270 ma/1450 ma
    Last edited by donn_; 07-13-2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Update Max Voltage in to 6, per GM.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    Interesting. Any more reports on this? Runtime? Power draw?
    Sorry...just saw this question.

I have one each of the M61 and M91 flavors. I confirmed with Gene they do use the XM-L2 T6 emitter @5000K, with standard M61 and M91 drivers. He didn't run them through the sphere, though, so we'd have to calculate all the data based upon comparison to the standard XM-L versions.

They were a special order for an overseas expedition.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Tonight, tried my Malkoff 361 in my Valient concepts Ti. head on a McGizmo Ti. clicky pack, and it was not bad!

It was almost the levels of my Haiku, however, the Haiku was brighter in it's high and medium modes. Not by much. The Haiku is more of a thrower.

This is a nice little 3S light for when you don't need much light around the house, or office.

Will there be a Malkoff 331? I hope so!

I really like Malkoff products, I just put an M61 in my Cop friend's SF 6P Defender. I gave him that light when he was promoted a couple of years ago. Now it is up to date.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

i don't see it in the OP, but there were M31LL Nichia 219 malkoffs made, right? did they make any in triple-L?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

I asked that question in the "Illumination Supply" vendor's thread. Apparently the output would be too low and cause some issues with the current circuitry (pun!) design.

So, no. Sadly.
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by TMedina View Post
    I asked that question in the "Illumination Supply" vendor's thread. Apparently the output would be too low and cause some issues with the current circuitry (pun!) design.

So, no. Sadly.
    youre referring to a potential M31LLL, right? dang.

so did they make M31LL 219s? and if so, what was their OTF output? I'd love to have an M31LL 219 on a single L91 in a clicky G2.
    Last edited by tobrien; 01-21-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: slight edit
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Gene has made a limited run of M31LL 219 for The Bright Side Forums (only 20pc, w/ # hand-engraved).
    Last edited by erehwyrevekool; 01-21-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erehwyrevekool View Post
    Gene made a limited run of M31LL 219 for The Bright Side Forums (only 20pc, w/ # hand-engraved).
    ahhhhhh i remember now, the ones that were engraved with "TBS"

thanks for kickstarting my memory!

any idea what the OTF number was on the M31LL 219?

Whoops - sorry. Long night, not enough sleep.

At last report, Craig was considering it, but had not committed. He might be getting a new order of 219s in this year, but no confirmation on that either.

Although judging from the same thread, there were 20 M31LL (2) 219s made.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...=1#post4811147

On Page 10, they discuss the delay in re-stock, as the last run took about half a year to sell off.
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

From the TBS thread, 60 lumens.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    I was planning on buying the M361-LMH to drop in a bored SF 6P but Malkoff want $40 for shipping to the UK!!!! :-(
    Same here, was about to order the same M361 module but I'm not gonna pay $50 shipping for a $59 dropin. In the Netherlands we pay 21% import tax plus another $20 clearing cost, so in total the $59 dropin would cost me a sweet $141, no freaking way, no matter how good that dropin is....

OR, IS and EDC+ ship for half the price or less and so far their deliveries stayed under the import tax radar enabling me to order more goodies so it's a win win for both parties involved

At the moment, I did not see M361 at the dealers.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

For now, Malkoff appears to the be exclusive seller of the Malkoff multi mode drop-ins.

Probably the way it should be, as he did all the work behind making it. I am still holding out for the 3 mode M331 variant. My fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    3 mode M331 variant. My fingers are crossed.
    I recently spoke with Cathy about this exact wish!

Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:57:13 PM
    Subject: RE: Malkoff Devices M361N LMH

Hi Cathy,

I did inquire with Craig about future 219 units ...

He seems a bit hesitant to start another run of the 219s ...
    Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    We're looking into this but don't have a definite restock date, our last run took nearly half a year to sell off.

Would you inquire with Gene about building a 219 powered M361LMH or M331LMH?

Hi Timothy,

We really appreciate the inquiry. It is only economically feasible for us to make the modules in larger quantities. We’re sorry.

Thanks,
    Cathy

They made a 20 pc run of the M31LL 219 for TBS forum .... wonder if we could put together a group for this M331 in a NW or 219 set up.
    Last edited by timbo114; 01-29-2014 at 02:22 PM.

I would be in for one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    I would be in for one for sure.
    +1. The M331 may not have a moonlight low output thought. There were problems that prevented the M31LLL 219 (lower output single mode level) form being made. Hence the M31LL TBS 219s were created instead.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 02-01-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Oh my goodness.
    I was searching for this summary so long.
    Thank your guys

Can malkoff be used in eagle tac lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Jplycke View Post
    Can malkoff be used in eagle tac lights?
    No they cannot.

I've been inventorying some of my stuff in word documents recently, for future assistance with non-flashoholics, and I don't know how I managed to overlook this sticky for so long. Good lord...

This is a wonderful resource, and I don't mean to be a nit-picky fop, but there were a couple of variants I am aware of that didn't make the list:

M60WLL - There were, I believe, at least 4 of these made.

M61L HCRI - I'm assuming that these either came from Illumination supply, or Overready, but I don't know/remember which.
    Last edited by novice; 04-14-2014 at 02:28 PM.

The M61HCRI, M61LHCRI, M61LLHCRI were from Illumination Supply.

Same with the M61 HCRI2's. I think Illuminationsupply.com was the only vendors that had special runs of HCRI's and HCRI2's made exclusively for them. And Oveready.com was the only vendors that had special runs of the N's that were made exclusively for them. Now Gene sells the N's and the M361's.

QUESTION: "What is the collection of components to modify an older M600 Surefire Scout into the longest available throw configuration?" New head? (which one?) New drop in? (which one?) Years back it was upgraded to a KX2c head. I own newer 500 lumen Ultra Scout and see they make a Scout Fury 600 Lumen now. I have an order coming from Dereelight and stuck in a P60 XP-2G drop in that I expect to outperform the Surefire 200 lumen KX2c, but doubt it's the optimum setup that could be put together.

I own a number of Fenix, Olight, Klarus and Surefire lights, so I'm not completely empty headed on lights. I have occasionally visited this site over the years mining for information; but have not absorbed the dizzying array of technical information you pros & semi-pros possess for modifying factory equipment. It's daunting trying to correctly determine "what fits what ... and what actually works."

Thanks for any advice.

I wish, Malkoffs were in stock in ebay...

I would like to see tint specs added to the charts, but I think that might be a tall order, as it appears that tint specs have varied quite a bit over the course of production, especially in the warm and neutral models.

I was pleasantly surprised when I recently bought an older MD2 (one piece body/tail) on CPFM and the M61W (XP-G) drop-in it came with is more neutral than the current M61N (XP-G2). Also, in comparing to current production M61 drop-ins I have, that older XP-G is better focused. That one will likely never leave my possession.
    Last edited by NutSAK; 06-10-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    QUESTION: "What is the collection of components to modify an older M600 Surefire Scout into the longest available throw configuration?" New head? (which one?) New drop in? (which one?) Years back it was upgraded to a KX2c head. I own newer 500 lumen Ultra Scout and see they make a Scout Fury 600 Lumen now. I have an order coming from Dereelight and stuck in a P60 XP-2G drop in that I expect to outperform the Surefire 200 lumen KX2c, but doubt it's the optimum setup that could be put together.

I own a number of Fenix, Olight, Klarus and Surefire lights, so I'm not completely empty headed on lights. I have occasionally visited this site over the years mining for information; but have not absorbed the dizzying array of technical information you pros & semi-pros possess for modifying factory equipment. It's daunting trying to correctly determine "what fits what ... and what actually works."

Thanks for any advice.
    PM sent since your question is off topic for this thread.

I own over 50 lights.. One being a Surefire E2D Executive Defender given to me from a highly decorated Lieutenant Colonel that used this light on many deployments. It is priceless, but I gotta upgrade the bulb. It has the 60 lumen Xenon bulb... I have briefly called around but no one has an interest in letting me know if their is a LED drop in, something... Surefire said to get a new LED head that comes from the new series, and that was like $300. Is there anything else? Gotta be...

Thank you.

Todd
    X65vn K60vn Zoom18 TiSvn SRT5vn TN36vn TN30vnTK61vn TK75vnKT LD60vn PD35vn HL55vn E41vn,TN35vn TN32vn Shockervn SVD7vn X40vn K40mvn K50vn Eye40vn S200c2vn MMUX3vn SL3vn V11Rvn T45Cvn MiNivn V25Cvn MM15vn MX25L3vn TK35UEvn Tubevn HC90vn TM11vn TM06vn M43vn X60vn TM36vn:OSTS-STL-V6: MTN-ZY-T6:TMack:2w 405nm 520nm

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast