RofisLight        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Flashaholic

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

Quote Originally Posted by NotRegulated View Post
    nonetoo,

Right now illumn.com has a Malkoff Devices M61LLL 219B V2 in stock. nine left (as of this posting). $54.99.
    and a few M31LLL 219B V2 for those that like 2AA's in a Surefire G3 or other longer bodied lights that would normally take three cr123's.

Default Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List-Update 2016

How does the 219 throw in a p60 reflector? After recently upgrading an old cree light to the nichia, I was somewhat unimpressed with the flood beam (great general purpose but definitely too floody for my taste)

*Flashaholic*

I have the M61LLL (triple low) 219 "B" and it doesn't. It has a floodier beam versus "regular" M61 series. Which is nice. That is a *feature*, not a bug.

Of all the lights I have, the one most suitable for reading maps, books, something close-up - this is it. everything else drills a hole in the book. It's a perfect balance of throw and flood. Triple Low also has great runtime. And can run on 2xAA in the 9P body that I employ.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    I have the M61LLL (triple low) 219 "B" and it doesn't. It has a floodier beam versus "regular" M61 series. Which is nice. That is a *feature*, not a bug.

Of all the lights I have, the one most suitable for reading maps, books, something close-up - this is it. everything else drills a hole in the book. It's a perfect balance of throw and flood. Triple Low also has great runtime. And can run on 2xAA in the 9P body that I employ.
    Yes I would agree it can be a feature; in fact my 219c modded Fenix L2T is wonderful for that. I’m looking for something a bit more thrown for general purpose outdoors or possibly as a rifle mounted light. Well both really- not sure where this will fall.

*Flashaholic*

Well then the choice is crystal clear. Either Malkoff M91T or M61HOT or M61T, any one of those would suffice.

with M61HOT being the brightest in the MD2 configuration, M61T having the longest runtime and M91T being capable of running 4x123 or 2x18650 configuration. They are really the same module.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456