CCFL Inverters

jason 77

Enlightened
Hello All.......... Does anyone on here know where I can get a cold cathode inverter that can drive 10-50 12" CCFL lights? I have a bunch that I want to wire up but don't want to pay 4-5 per 2 CCFL's for the inverters?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
$4-$5 is about the cheapest you can find the inverters for. One option would be to see if you can find broken LCD backlit screens to pull the invertor circuits from. I haven't tried this but perhaps burnt out CCFL bulbs some of them have good circuits you could wire a few in parallel too... but it may be the output doesn't match well between CFL and CCFL. Oh flatbed scanners have an invertor in them also I yanked one out of a malfunctioning scanner along with the tube and it is a 12v model.

jason 77

Enlightened
$4-$5 is about the cheapest you can find the inverters for. One option would be to see if you can find broken LCD backlit screens to pull the invertor circuits from. I haven't tried this but perhaps burnt out CCFL bulbs some of them have good circuits you could wire a few in parallel too... but it may be the output doesn't match well between CFL and CCFL. Oh flatbed scanners have an invertor in them also I yanked one out of a malfunctioning scanner along with the tube and it is a 12v model.

Thanks, Yeah I had thought of those options... so no one makes like a "larger" inverter that might drive multible CCFL's huh?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
LCD monitors and TVs should have them I think. I am not sure how many tubes they have. The problem is to get those parts is hard as most places keep them and sell the parts instead of scrapping them I see used dead LCD monitors for $30 and shake my head because I wouldn't pay for one that is dead that much.