Sticky for Charging FAQ's ?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Proper charging practices for each type of cell chemistry is a constantly asked question by newbies and us oldies.

Unless I've overlooked the obvious (my forte), I couldn't find a compendium of this info in one location. Rather than searching for a charging thread we've forgotten or helping out somebody else, a sticky might speed thing up.

The Battery University can still be recommended for detailed info, but a simpler: "Charge NiMH @ 1C - 2C and discharge @ xxxx mAH max. Discharge @ 0.2C or less to condition cell." - for one example.

This info can be updated and include new cell chemistries when they become available.

Did I miss something or is this a worthwhile idea? If so, it could be added to the sticky on top.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along with proper charging techniques for the various battery types, maximum discharge rates would be useful.

Does this info already exist in one of our existing sticky's, or elsewhere? If not does anybody think it would be worth the effort to combine this infe?

Thanks for your feedback.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jayflash,

Please understand that we are not ignoring you... just thinking about how this could be done, and what the best way to do it is.

Tom

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your reply, Tom. I wanted to be sure that I didn't overlook existing info, as I have a knack for that type of blind spot. Also, I understand that someone would have to take their valuable time to compile the statistics, if it's not already in one spot. Sorry to have seemed impatient, but I wanted to know whether I overlooked the obvious.

Not having the expertise and latest specs, I didn't want to post something inaccurate or incomplete. Tom, I really appreciate the time and effort you and other CPF members have donated towards our education. If I can help, please let me know. I could begin the topic and it could be modified and updated, or I can patiently wait to see what pans out. Until then, searching existing threads and visiting Battery U will suffice.

Again, thanks so much for the plentiful info you've already provided for us.