Battery Junction - Olight
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Pelican case setup!

Default Re: Post your Pelican case setup!

Excellent use of the Pelican case. The ergonomics and layout will provide ample protection to your Photon.
    I would have Pelican laser cut the foam to the form of the light though, you can never be too cautious.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

I just received today a new "Mossy Oak" and a Gatlight V2 Aluminum

The new case (Mossy Oak 1040)

A SPY Perfect Fit

New Gatlight with Old Gatlight (Mossy Oak 1020)
    My Lights__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Loving the mossy oak Shado - but you have to get some foam to protect those beautiful lights
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    Excellent use of the Pelican case. The ergonomics and layout will provide ample protection to your Photon.
    I would have Pelican laser cut the foam to the form of the light though, you can never be too cautious.
    LMFAO - (much funnier than mine).
    Last edited by Size15's; 09-29-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Removed content that should be posted on the CPF MarketPlace.

Default Re: Post your Pelican case setup! (does this count?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

can't remember if it's a Cree or not. There's also another case, just out of frame, that protects this case - just in case.
    If that was lead instead of foam, that thing could survive a direct nuclear blast....

Nice setups everyone

Just thought I'd post a picture of my case setup.

Two of my 'Mossy Oak' pelican 1020 and 1040 micro cases showed up yesterday and I love these little things! The Camo print on these is just beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Just thought I'd post a picture of my case setup.

Two of my 'Mossy Oak' pelican 1020 and 1040 micro cases showed up yesterday and I love these little things! The Camo print on these is just beautiful!!
    Nice cases Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
    Nice cases Plan B.
    Thanks!

I ended up getting the same SKB cases that you have actually and I must say thanks again for letting me know the sizes that you have as it made it easy for me. It worked out a good choice in the end!

The case on the right is the one that I just grab when I go camping etc. I just put either the V2 catapult or the TK45 and a ld20 in the case and off I go. Works out easy as I can just grab it and go.

Sometimes I grab both cases though if I think I'm going to have a play.

Just ordered this cigar caddy made by Otterbox, it will host my Spartan laser pointer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*Flashaholic*

Here's my newest Pelican case, The Malkoff Collection:

A warm Wildcat on an MD3 body.
    A Hound Dog head.
    An A19 extender in HAIII-BK.
    A clipped MD2 with a 3-speed Warm MC-E drop-in.
    An MD2 head with an M61W drop-in and 2-stage ring.
    An assortment of extra cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Here is my travel case I set up for my trip to the London CPF meet in July. this is only half of what im bringing across the pond.

I'd like to see the hosts of some of those lights

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Thanks!

I ended up getting the same SKB cases that you have actually and I must say thanks again for letting me know the sizes that you have as it made it easy for me. It worked out a good choice in the end!

The case on the right is the one that I just grab when I go camping etc. I just put either the V2 catapult or the TK45 and a ld20 in the case and off I go. Works out easy as I can just grab it and go.

Sometimes I grab both cases though if I think I'm going to have a play.
    You're most welcome. These cases are addictive. Got a few more

The one that is closed is still empty, waiting to be filled.

Top 2 : Underwater Kinetics Ultrabox ( Smaller ones for Lithiums, the other for NIMH )
    Bottom 4 : SKB

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN1833 View Post
    Wow after Eric242's contribution mine is poor in comparison
    Not poor,all of them look interesting.You are richer than me .

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
    You're most welcome. These cases are addictive. Got a few more

The one that is closed is still empty, waiting to be filled.

Top 2 : Underwater Kinetics Ultrabox ( Smaller ones for Lithiums, the other for NIMH )
    Bottom 4 : SKB

Wow wow wow!!!

Since the setup changes from time to time I thought I take some new ones.

That is very...

clean.

quick question, does anyone suggest buying a pelican case if i only have 3 moderately priced flashlights. (<$50) I mean a good pelican case probably cost more than those flashlights

thanks,
    Jinx

I think most would agree that surefires look like they belong the most in a pelican case.
    Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by The Jinx View Post
    quick question, does anyone suggest buying a pelican case if i only have 3 moderately priced flashlights. (<$50) I mean a good pelican case probably cost more than those flashlights

thanks,
    Jinx

If you need to be on the move and keep the lights safe and well protected... then YES!

If you just think Pelican cases are cool, and a nice way to keep the lights together ... then YES!

I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

thanks,
    Jinx
    Just get a $8 handgun case on amazon... it's a pelican, minus the waterproofness/airtightness/etc, but since flashlights are already pretty tough it should be fine. I used one to hold all of my expensive lasers before I sold them, and I used some hot nichrome wire to carve out the shapes of various things I was storing in the foam.

thanks,
    Jinx
    I suggest you buy one,although you just own a little moderately priced flashlights,as time goes on you will own more and more flashlights .

Just got a 1400 to go with my 1430...now I just need to get some more foam. Hope to have pic's up of all 3 of my big peli's.

Will a Maglite 5D fit in a Peli case 1500?

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Will a Maglite 5D fit in a Peli case 1500?
    The 5D is 43,5cm long while the internal dimension of a Peli1500 is 42,5cm, so maybe it might fit if placed in diagonal (I used this solution with success to fit a Wickedlasers Spyder II GX in a Peli1150, the foam aesthetic shape ain't pretty though...).

Quote Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
    The 5D is 43,5cm long while the internal dimension of a Peli1500 is 42,5cm, so maybe it might fit if placed in diagonal (I used this solution with success to fit a Wickedlasers Spyder II GX in a Peli1150, the foam aesthetic shape ain't pretty though...).
    thnx -Then I'l have to buy a B&W Outdoor Case Type 61. One plus side- B&W is cheaper

Quick question for Plan B. Where did you order those Mossy Oak cases from? Somewhere local in Australia?

Enlightened

Thumbs up APE ACHC5600 case

I just picked up a APE ACHC5600 hard case.

The interior dimensions are 17.62"L x 12.25"H x 6.25"W, roughly the size of a Pelican Storm iM2400. It's a hard-backed case and has the pick-and-pluck foam. This one is the largest of the ACHC series cases. While it isn't a heavy-duty molded case, nor waterproof, it's capable enough of protecting a collection of flashlights or other fragile items from dust and mishandling.

PROS:
    • At 17x12 in size, it can hold about a dozen SF 6P sized flashlights if they're laid out flat along the top layer of the foam.
    • With an interior depth of just over 6", it can hold long/thin items vertically in the foam in order to save space. It can even hold a SF 6P sized flashlight vertically, if you choose.
    • The Dayglo yellow interior foam makes it easy to identify anything stored inside the case.
    • Its pricing is a relative "steal" when compared to most of the other alternatives that are available.

CONS:
    • The construction and materials of the case are not bomb-proof, so it won't survive heavy handling like some of the tougher, more-expensive molded cases will.
    • It's not waterproof, so kayak trips with the flashlight collection are out.
    • Even the best pick-and-pluck foam isn't the strongest material on the planet, so you need to be sure to leave good space between stored items if expecting the foam to stay in place surrounding all items. If manhandled, this case's P&P foam has a tendency to separate from its neighboring "squares" of foam fairly easily.

To hold the entirety of my remaining collection of spare hosts, heads, tails, lenses and batteries, I would need a second of these large cases. My collection of ~40 battery cells could probably fit in the medium case.

While I would certainly love to have a small "army" of Pelican Storm/Hardigg cases floating around the house, for the money I think this basic case is hard to beat. It's roomy enough for even 2D MagLite sized flashlights, roomy enough to hold 5" long knives, SureFire 6P sized flashlights and other long/skinny items vertically so that space is saved, and yet it's tough enough to withstand a simple life around the household while protecting some of our more fragile items.

Stock photo of the APE ACHC5600, interior:

Stock photo of the APE ACHC5600, exterior:

My ACHC5600, containing 7 SolarForce L2 hosts, 1 ShiningBeam S-Mini 18650 (vertically, in the lower central area), 1 UniqueFire #3929 XM-L, 1 LambdaLights 2DXML Mag, 4 pocket knives (three lengthwise and one vertically):

Last edited by pnwoutdoors; 05-12-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    SF L2 w/ Malkoff M61W/M60LL, NailBender XMLLambda 2DXML MagFenix P1D/P1D-CES-Mini XPGQuark 123 Tactical R5

Default Re: APE ACHC5600 case

Yesterday I bought a B&W Outdoor Case Type 61 (black).
    Very nice,big case. Cheaper than a Peli (for me ), but easier to open. I'll upload pics later this week.

I have the following:

Pelicase 1750 Black
    Pelicase 1750 Tan
    CED (Competitive edge dynamics) Size L - As good as peli for less €€€
    Plano pillar case.

And a whole host of other unknowns.

BR