oops charged eneloops the wrong way round

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pulled out my 6AA to 2D adapter today and fired some eneloops in it making sure they were all the right way round, i plugged the crocodile clips on either end forgetting which was the positive and proceded to plug the charger in the wall after which it started flashing red instead of a solid red, i came back to it 5 minutes later wondering if it was still flashing and it was so i unplugged them and tried them in my rop, they worked fine.

I now have them on charge the correct way round

Is there any chance these eneloops are wrecked now

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on the charger. Hopefully it had reverse polarity detection, in which case it should have not tried to charge at all.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashing usually means "there's something wrong here, no way I'm charging these!!"

They should be absolutely fine, but if you want to be sure, then grab a multimeter and measure the voltage, paying attention to the polarity. If you're unsure, grab a battery out the TV remote or something (or even a li-ion), measure the voltage, check the polarity, then measure the voltage on your eneloops. If they've got the same polarity, you're fine :)