BFG laser repair?

eremoy

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i've had a BFG 150mw laser for about a year and a half and it works great.... it's just the button has seemed to have worn out. Ever since I got it the button has been crappy and has gotten harder and harder to push but now it has completely broken. It also sinks in a little bit ( I think the circut board inside has been bent a bit) It's been broken for about eight months now though, I just finally want to fix it. The thing is though, I have no idea how to get this thing open. I got the bulky head part off but I am stuck on trying to remove the aluminum thermal unit that contains the core. I have put quite alot of pressure on it but it still won't budge. anyone ever open one of these?

Kenom

Enlightened
I've repaired a few of these. Pictures go a long way to show me what you've got opened. I could also repair it for you if you'd like. choice is yours.

Liszt

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem with my BFG laser - must be a design flaw. Love the size & design of the thing, just wish it was a better quality build. Can you give us some details for repairs - cost, time, where, etc.? I'll try sending a PM too. Thanks.

Liszt

Newly Enlightened
If I can figure how to send a PM . . .

Done.

Last edited: