PEAK
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Default Re: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    The M30 will smoke the 6PL, note that the 6PL can not host 18650 cells. 17670 will work fine though.
    I just drilled it out with a 23/32 drill. Ended up about 18.2mm. I have read and read and can't figure out if I should have gotten 18650's or 18670's. But I could not find 18670's or much info on them so I bought the aw 18650's that say they are regulated. But I thought the 2mm difference between the 650's and the 670's was some kind of regulating wafer in the 670's. So I have no idea, just hope I don't blow up. There is so much info here the search function is near impossible to use, I feel like I should have hired a guide to lead me through the maze of CPF.

Thanks for looking out for me kramer5150, I can use all the help I can get. And I appreciate it too.

Are there any production MC-E or P7 modules other than the Malkoffs? I'd love one, but even if I closed my bank account I couldn't swing one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robmints View Post
    I just drilled it out with a 23/32 drill. Ended up about 18.2mm. I have read and read and can't figure out if I should have gotten 18650's or 18670's. But I could not find 18670's or much info on them so I bought the aw 18650's that say they are regulated. But I thought the 2mm difference between the 650's and the 670's was some kind of regulating wafer in the 670's. So I have no idea, just hope I don't blow up. There is so much info here the search function is near impossible to use, I feel like I should have hired a guide to lead me through the maze of CPF.

Thanks for looking out for me kramer5150, I can use all the help I can get. And I appreciate it too.
    You may have mixed the numbers up and were probably looking for 17670 batteries. With a 17670 there was no need to drill, but the 18650 gives move capacity and is a more "common" battery. Also see this forum http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...isplay.php?f=9

What about D26 drop-ins for 1.5-3.0V? I have an M30, and it is incredible, but i'd really like to have something with a lower output for a single alkaline or a single primary. As far as I know, the M30 is as close as you can get for this, but I don't want or need that blinding output all the time. Now that there are quite a few 3P sized options for D26 modules out there, I would think this would be a viable market.
    schiesz
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

Finally - DX MC-E drop-in ($23) for single Li-Ion.

I'm a little late to the party with these drop-ins but I just ordered a few 11836 R2s from DX. I'm gonna run primarys in an old 6R/6P. What kind of runtime can I expect with 2 primarys? Would it be O.K. to run 3 primary's and a spacer while using the 6R body extender? What would be the lumen and runtime difference between 2 and 3 primarys?

Thanks, FishX

Quote Originally Posted by phantom23 View Post
    Finally - DX MC-E drop-in ($23) for single Li-Ion.
    I was literally ordering the parts to build a P7 drop-in when this showed up, I'm gonna take a chance on it. Will report back with results once it's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggle View Post
    I was literally ordering the parts to build a P7 drop-in when this showed up, I'm gonna take a chance on it. Will report back with results once it's here.
    Please report back. I hate lights with modes, but might be willing to overlook it for a mc-e.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I just made an order for parts to do a p7 build, but they have already shipped so oh well.

Which R2 5-Mode is the best for this one?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18843
    Last edited by andreah; 03-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko View Post
    Please report back. I hate lights with modes, but might be willing to overlook it for a mc-e.
    I'm also not crazy about modes but on the other hand when you have a ridiculous output (say 300+) it kind of ruins my ability to EDC it or to do mundane tasks for long times so a 100 lumen mode would be nice. The strobe however should be eliminated.

I really wish more lights would have mode selection through some other method, kind of like how Fenix seperates its General and Turbo modes.

This might end up being just too much for EDC and be more for fun or weird circumstances, I'll probably use my Q2 5A single mode for must stuff as it should work better with the forward clicky.

Quote Originally Posted by andreah View Post
    Which R2 5-Mode is the best for this one?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18843
    Thank you.
    From the same dealer 14442 is probably the best one. Rather go for the single variable mode 17593.

Quote Originally Posted by CampingLED View Post
    From the same dealer 14442 is probably the best one. Rather go for the single variable mode 17593.

x2. I prefer the ramping module myself, although ramping up from low to high is cumbersome, taking 12 seconds. Its not something that can be done quickly. And the module is sensitive to poor switch contacts. If your forward momentary is even slightly intermittent, it will interpret the power interrupt as a mode reset. I had a bunch of grease built up in my M2 switch and it was causing it to mode ramp out of control. drove me nuts.

If DX made a simple low-med-hi module it would sell very well. I modded my DX6090 with a DX7882 board and use it with 18650 cells and a rev clicky... its me fave module as far as UI goes.
    Last edited by kramer5150; 03-07-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

x2. I prefer the ramping module myself, although ramping up from low to high is cumbersome, taking 12 seconds. Its not something that can be done quickly.
    I use mine as a single mode, changing modes only once in a few weeks. It is mostly in one of the lowest modes and used nightly when I do not want to disturb anyone else. It replaced my 14442 and I am not looking back. I HATE STROBES LIKE MOST OTHER CPF MEMBERS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CampingLED View Post
    I use mine as a single mode, changing modes only once in a few weeks. It is mostly in one of the lowest modes and used nightly when I do not want to disturb anyone else. It replaced my 14442 and I am not looking back. I HATE STROBES LIKE MOST OTHER CPF MEMBERS!!!!!
    x2 (yet again)... the 17593 has a very useful low-low mode that perfectly preserves night vision and does not disturb others with light pollution. Very few P60 drop ins have this feature.

WFIW... DX17593 Low-low on the left, ~3 lumen minimag solitaire on the right.

Does anyone actually make a 3/4 mode (low-low/low, medium, high) drop-in?

It seems this is the Holy Grail of P60 drop-ins, yet no one on the manufacturing end seems to be listening.

DX 17593 seems to be the closest thing to it so far.

I thought I read somewhere that Lumens Factory was going to come out with one. Was I dreaming that?

Hi everyone, I just ordered a 17593 dx dropin for a SF 6PD. What battery setup do you recommend? I have 17670s, R123s, and IMR 16340s...thanks for any input!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    Does anyone actually make a 3/4 mode (low-low/low, medium, high) drop-in?

It seems this is the Holy Grail of P60 drop-ins, yet no one on the manufacturing end seems to be listening.
    (IMHO) a Low-low really is not the holy grail for most CPF members and more "common-folk" alike. The overwhelming desire for more and more current, bigger cells, multi-die emitters, and HID across the forum provides some proof of this.

Because of the above condition no one makes a low-low capable drop in. Which kind of makes sense when you keep in mind the intended weapon mount use of many P60 hosts.

My intent in modding the DX6090 with DX7882, was to see how low I could get it to go. 7882 has a variable adjust pot where you can dial in how much current you want to deliver to the XR-E. I Chose the 6090 as a mod host for the 7882 because its a P4 BIN and therefore is dimmer than a Q binned emitter per given watt of power. With the modded module adjusted to its lowest output it still emits about 10L... hardly a condition.

my .02
    Last edited by kramer5150; 03-07-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hojobones View Post
    Hi everyone, I just ordered a 17593 dx dropin for a SF 6PD. What battery setup do you recommend? I have 17670s, R123s, and IMR 16340s...thanks for any input!!
    Its brightest with 4.5-8.4 Volts. Although it will run off a single 17670.

Hi

Is it possible to use wolf-eyes (Wolf-Eyes LRB-168B/169B) rechargeable batteries for my surefire 6P Led and E2D Led Defender?

Its brightest with 4.5-8.4 Volts. Although it will run off a single 17670.
    ok thanks, im guessing the r123s would be better than the IMRs for this as they have a higher capacity right?

Quote Originally Posted by hojobones View Post
    ok thanks, im guessing the r123s would be better than the IMRs for this as they have a higher capacity right?
    RCR123 cells only have around 500mah capacity, regardless of brand. I have always found surefire primary CR123 to have significantly more capacity than that.

Another big thank you to Gene. Between him (M30) and the 18650's my 6pl is about perfect for me and what I use it for. Anybody looking for a good combo, M30 + 18650 makes some nice light.

Has anyone ordered the new P60 MCE module on DX yet?

yeah i know the spec for the DX MC-E says 4.2V max, but anyone try 2 CR123s anyways?

Enlightened

Hi Folks!
    I need some help...

I am looking for the brightest P60 module (other than Malkoffs M30 or Solarforce D26) to run with one RCR123/16340; run on primaries would be a plus.

I have ordered a Solarforce L2+L2M R2 kit that comes with both tubes but the P60 coming in this kit has a voltage range optimized to 2x123 or 18650 and output with one 123/RCR will be dimmer, so I was thinking in buy another module to be used with the shorter tube only.

Do I have any options that could work in this setup?
    Thank you
    Last edited by Hawk600; 03-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk600 View Post
    Hi Folks!
    I am Kind of lost and need some help

I am looking for the brightest P60 module for one RCR123/16340; run on primaries would be a plus.
    I now have 4 lights that can/will use this same type of module (one being a L2M that is still on the way from china) and highly suggest you get a M30. I have one and it is incredible on a primary and staggering on a RCR. You just simply must have one. Use it for the short body on a primary or RCR, and the big body with a 17670 or 18650.

My L2M is coming with a D26 that is supposed to work at 3.7V, and when it arrives i'll let you know how it is (and if it works on primaries), but definately check out a M30. I would get three more but can't justify it when I have one (currently in my new G1) and another module already coming (the solarforce). I still have M30's in both my 3P's right now, but one of them will almost definately get replaced with another M30 very soon (why do all of the M30's i've ever seen have such a bad beam?).
    schiesz
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

Enlightened

Thank you Schiesz
    I believe M30s are the best option in the market right now; however I was trying to find cheaper alternatives.
    Good that you have the Solarforce D26 module coming. I will wait your feedback about brightness and primaries capability.
    I wish we had some bean shots comparing the Solarforce D26 with other one cell lights ......
    Regards

Hawk600

don't forget the Dereelight 1.2 amp module.

who sells that Solarforce L2+L2M R2 kit?

I've only seen the kit on that one auction site.
    schiesz

Enlightened

Nana Re: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Thanks kosPap
    The Deerelight 3SD it is basically what I am looking (2.8-4.2V), however they mention 18650 or 17670 batteries so I am not sure if it will work fine with 123 RCRs.

I purchased this Solarforce kit on eBay. I know is big no no here, but the price was so cheap that worthed the risk.

It comes with the following:

1. Solarforce L2M mini Grey Pocket flashlight Body
    2. Solarforce L2 Grey Original black 18650/CR123A flashlight Body
    3. Solarforce R2 300 Lumens Cree bulb
    4. Solarforce L2 switch for Surefire 6P & 9P, G&P Flashlight
    5. Solarforce Tactical Head for Surefire 6P & 9P, G&P Flashlight
    6. Solarforce Stainless Steel Lanyard Ring
    7. Solarforce Plastic original collector's package

Not bad for $29.90 shipped!

Besides I thought would be nice share this with my fellow cpfer's, I didn't want promote an ebay merchant here; so please do a search for "L2+L2M DYI R2" and you will be able to find it easily.