The Fenix-Store
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1251

Thread: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Default Re: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Thanks, but is a little expence for me... Anything cheap???

I just think in buy a P60 module and bulld it with a red cree led that I bought years ago and a 750mah driver with a 1watt 2ohm resistor between the led and the driver...
    Last edited by Changchung; 06-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

solarforce offers a red xr-e 3-18V single mode dropin for $12

Quote Originally Posted by odd View Post
    Thanks, I just fund in DX sku 20333 the flashlight with a Philips Luxeon K2 Red P60 Dropin (1*18650/2*CR123A) for $10.40
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600

Has anyone reviewed these Solarforce red LEDs ? I'm thinking of getting one, but are they red, i.e crimson, or red-orange? Does anyone know what the spectral range is?

I've used a few of these they are a deep red. The green is also middle of the road green.

Quote Originally Posted by texas cop View Post
    I've used a few of these they are a deep red. The green is also middle of the road green.
    Thanks for that. As it happens there is another thread running on about the Solarforce red LED dropin. It is said on there that it's peak wavelength is 625nm. It also says on the Night Vision forum that we need 650nm+ to preserve night vision....

Hi. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I'm looking for a P60 drop-in for a cheap SolarForce L2T. Budget is around $50, though I can stretch a little bit if needed. I'd like a neutral white or warm white LED with unnoticeable PWM if possible. Having at least high and low modes would be nice, though I'd prefer a high-med-low driver with no strobe or beacon modes (though this is not a deal-breaker), and with low being 10lm or less if possible. A floody beam would be nice, but is not necessary. Note that I'd probably never use more than 300lm if this is of any help.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Default Username View Post
    Hi. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I'm looking for a P60 drop-in for a cheap SolarForce L2T. Budget is around $50, though I can stretch a little bit if needed. I'd like a neutral white or warm white LED with unnoticeable PWM if possible. Having at least high and low modes would be nice, though I'd prefer a high-med-low driver with no strobe or beacon modes (though this is not a deal-breaker), and with low being 10lm or less if possible. A floody beam would be nice, but is not necessary. Note that I'd probably never use more than 300lm if this is of any help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi, welcome to the CPF, I just buy some P60, flashlight bodies for P60 dropin and a pair of P60 empty dropin in DX, last night, checking kaidomain I realize that the same items and a better flashlight bodies are cheap in this site, also some nice P60 dropin, take a look in the Led section... Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kzb View Post
    Thanks for that. As it happens there is another thread running on about the Solarforce red LED dropin. It is said on there that it's peak wavelength is 625nm. It also says on the Night Vision forum that we need 650nm+ to preserve night vision....
    In my experience the turquoise is the better one for night vision retention (i.e. NVG-green from Photonlight) and with a lot better color rendering than red - if only some one would make a P60-drop-in now...
    WTB: Solarforce Skyline II switch

Might throw that in my C3 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    In my experience the turquoise is the better one for night vision retention (i.e. NVG-green from Photonlight) and with a lot better color rendering than red - if only some one would make a P60-drop-in now...
    I think we've been round the houses with this before on here. Have a look at the plot on this wikipedia page and see what wavelength of light you need to NOT stimulate your rods:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotopic_vision

Whatever it's called, color rendering with red is horrible, and useless for anything I'll need low-low light for...
    An example: http://goo.gl/icH1a

So it's, again in my experience, not only the wavelength, but also the intensity/output is a factor.
    WTB: Solarforce Skyline II switch

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Default Username View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    Lumens Factory makes a 90-CRI P60 drop-in (they call it the D26 series). I have the single-mode in a Surefire 6P and I love it. I haven't tried the 3-mode version and I'm not sure how low the low goes but it might be something to check out. As far as I can tell Lumens Factory doesn't list the lumen output of the modules, which is a bummer because I'd like to know what my Single-mode is pushing. I love the warm tint!

> Red Led P60 dropin
    Several places, this finds them: https://www.google.com/search?q=cree+red+LED

i'm looking for a drop in that is better than the nailbender neutral xml one that i have for a single 18650
    any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mkphc View Post
    i'm looking for a drop in that is better than the nailbender neutral xml one that i have for a single 18650
    any help would be appreciated
    Better in which way?
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

brighter
    better run time
    just wondering if technology has caught up and passed this by

or a multi led???

Quote Originally Posted by mkphc View Post
    brighter
    better run time
    just wondering if technology has caught up and passed this by

or a multi led???
    - Brighter and better runtime are exclusive, unless you have multiple modes so that you can select a brighter level sometimes.

XML still a very good LED, but slightly higher output bin might be available now. The thing is that the increments are relatively small, and it is likely that without measuring equipment, your eye will not see a small (say 5%) output difference.

There are 3x XP-G modules available, but typically require a small (20mm) triple optic that is more floody than throwy, plus, when driven hard for good output, they get HOT very quickly, which drops the output as the LED's get less efficient.

Basically what I am saying is that there is no holly grail - every option has some compromise. If you want both much higher brightness AND better runtimes, you then need a larger platform that has more batteries AND a larger surface area to deal with the heat better, like perhaps a 26650 host.

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

thanks
    i guess what i meant is;
    is there a new drop in that is to die for, my nailbender neutral 3 mode 3.7v is the nicest color,beam,brightest light that i ever have owned (ive had tons of production lights)
    OR is there some triple xpg that is a worthwhile step up?
    i totally appreciate your advise on the newer bin (5%thing) its easy to go for the newest thing even when the advantage is minimal and not really worth the stretch over what you might already have

Take a look at Mac's triple:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...i-XP-G-Modules

Will

love to hear form someone who has one
    or a link to a review ive been looking but no luck

just curious that it's allowed to post a seller's URL?

Question on P60/P61 drop ins,
    I am interested in the flood models (M60F) but was hoping a more efficient or brighter drop in was due being that the M60/M60F have been around for a while. So why is there not a M61F? I would think any LED can be used in a flood optic because the beam is dispersed anyway and using a XPG would at the least result in better runtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by P_A_S_1 View Post
    Question on P60/P61 drop ins,
    So why is there not a M61F? I would think any LED can be used in a flood optic ...
    M60 series used optics so it was simpler to have different optics in the lineup. M61 series is reflector based so a flood variant with optic would be completely separate production. M61 is already floodier than then M60 because of the use of the XP-G too. Some diffusion film is a simple answer although you lose some of the efficiency gained with the new LED>
    “The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it’s difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine.”
    Abraham Lincoln

I just purchased a Thrunite 460 lumen XML upgrade module from Batteryjunction for my Wolf Eyes Guider. I have had the Guider for several years and I have always loved it's interface, build quality, internal charging , etc. I just wanted to make it a little bit brighter. I put the Thrunite in the light when it arrived, and quickly learned that standard P60 sized modules do not fully fit in Wolf Eyes lights!! After I tightened the head and the light did not come on, I knew something was wrong. When I removed the drop in, the spring had bent over and part of the bottom edge was slightly damaged. I was able to bend the spring back, and the module is OK, but then I realized what the problem was. The head of the Guider had a ring that screws into it holding the glass in place. The Wolf Eyes drop-ins have a lip around the top of them that fits into this ring, and enables the front of the drop-in to be right up to the glass. The Thrunite drop-in does not have this, so its sticks out about 2mm more from the head. When I screwed the head back on the light with the Thrunite in it, it put too much pressure on the base of the drop-in. I was able to get the drop-in to work by unscrewing and removing this retaining ring. I only see a few problems with this, but I do not think they will be much of a concern. Now the front of the drop-in is putting a bit of pressure around the outer rim of the glass. I also have to be carefull when I remove the head to make sure I do not lose the glass lens or have it fall and break. I am not sure if there is a way to mod the light to get this to work another way. If there was a ring that could be screwed into the area where the head screws onto to keep it from tightening abother 2mm, that would work, but I have no clue where something like that would come from.

This issue with Wolf Eyes lights and drop-ins is probably known to some of you, but I do not hear too much talk about these lights on the forum. It is a shame also. I think these lights, quality wise, are just as good as anything else out there, and probably better than most! I would love to hear from anybody who has a Wolf Eyes light that has run into this problem, and how you solved it.

(Note: I have this in a separate post, but it is getting very few looks, so I thought I would post it here, thinking that this is where it should have gone anyway. Somebody please let me know if I am wrong!)

I have no experience with the Guider, but I bought a Sniper a few years ago to use with a Dereelight drop in. At the time, Dereelight was mistakenly advertising compatibility with the Wolf Eyes lights. Turns out, the Sniper, and many others, don't use a P60 module at all. No way I could use it, I am surprised that you were able to make one work. Many of the sellers, like Malkoff, specifically state that their modules are not compatible with Wolf Eyes lights.

I was lucky enough to grab one of the very last 4-mode XP-G Wolf Eyes modules from PTS before they dropped the line. At least now the Sniper is a multi-mode LED light, as I would never have used it as an incan.

Wolf Eyes was more popular some time ago and their drop-ins are not fully P60 compatible [as Mikeoz has found]. Lumens Factory and others do [in places] mention that their drop-ins are not WE compatible. I had a WE host some time ago and it is very well made but the incompatibility w/ P60 standards makes them less desirable.
    ^G When I reply, threads die....

Quote Originally Posted by kzb View Post
    Has anyone reviewed these Solarforce red LEDs ? I'm thinking of getting one, but are they red, i.e crimson, or red-orange? Does anyone know what the spectral range is?
    I have one that I use for hunting sometimes. I have a smooth reflector on mine.

With DX aspheric for longer throw.

Yes, on the Wolf Eyes subject...

I pretty much adore my Sniper for it's size, shape and build quality.

I pretty much detest it for blueish tint and PWM in the lower modes

Actually the PWM isn't THAT bad... but it REALLY goes blue in the lower modes.

And without some HEAVY modding you ain't getting a P60 in this light.
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Need a couple of drop in's

I have a Surefire 6P and a 9P and I am looking to upgrade both to a really nice drop in. I have been reading good things about nailbenders products, so I am thinking that is the way to go. So that being said. I am looking for a good amount of throw and want a very bright light on both Surfires. I am a flashlight newbie and I didn't realize how technical it all is. So I am asking the group here for your reccomendations on how I should go. Thank you for your suggestions.

Thread merge - Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 08-20-2012 at 02:18 AM.