Who has broken a light before? (incan)

yclo

Flashaholic*
This is for incandescent lights, leds click here

And no, I don't mean those $2 cheapo. I mean the popular name brands that are favored on CPF.

I haven't broken any yet, but I'm not that hard on my stuff.

What about you?

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't know about "broke" but I've had a couple of small (Solitaire, 2aa/2aaa) Mags fail in various ways. The bigger Mags seem more reliable.

arioch

Enlightened
I dropped a Lightwave 3000 the first week I had it. It did some flickering for a while, then it died completely. Might as well have flushed $55.00 down the toilet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oops ... just saw the incan in parenthesis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Here's Al's effort...

fc2de585.jpg

Bigger picture

fc2de583.jpg

Bigger picture

fc2de580.jpg

Bigger picture

Maybe I should've said not on purpose? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Leo shattered a McLux with a deep freeze...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The worst I've done was to drive over an old maglite (20 odd years old, from my uncle's) just because the ads told me it would hold up... And truth behold, it held up... Now try it with an Abrams while the light's on concrete...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Heres a few;
A2 won't switch properly. (probably death induced by too much lubricant, still waiting for replacement tail cap)

Took apart a 10x couldn't put it back together, sent that back to get fixed.

Shatted an MN10 after I dropped my M3 after the Melbourne CPF gathering.

Geoff

paulr

Flashaholic
Arioch, send that Lightwave in for warranty repair. An LED light like that shouldn't break if you drop it.

arioch

Enlightened
paulr:

Yeah, I should have done that when I first broke it, but didn't. Feel weird about it now (about a year later). Besides, I can't seem to find it at this particular time.

BTW, some incan lights I "broke" included a SF 6P, which I left on for an indeterminate amount of time (caused the lens to bubble out), a SF 8AX, which I dropped a couple of times (on second time, the pyrex lens cracked), and a Mag 4D, which had its bulb shatter when I dropped it lens down onto a concrete floor. SF customer service rocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif; They sent me replacement lens for the 6P and an entire replacement bezel and lens for the 8AX. I had to buy a replacement reflector for the Mag (nothing like trying to clean powdered bulb glass from a reflector).

In case some of you out there are thinking "this dumbass sure seems like a butterfingers, always dropping these lights", please keep in mind that I own and handle a lot of lights, often more than one at a time. I am also not one of those consumer report type testers who goes aroung dropping lights on purpose. Really. But it does happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
"nothing like trying to clean powdered bulb glass from a reflector..."
I agree!
In the middle photo of the three of mine above there is a proto-type M2 bezel on the left and a pre-production sample in the middle. On the large image you can see that a P61 exploded inside.

Al

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Not entirely sure what you are asking...

I went to use a "Great Lite" 2AA with push button switch the other day and it wouldn't light. It was the little grain of rice sized bi-pin bulb.

I have flashed several bulbs by hitting them with just a wee bit too much juice (one example, hit a KPR102 with 6V once by accident - POOF!)

Other than these two examples, I have been lucky.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I broke one tonight...just the lens actually. Fortunately it's a relatively cheap lens at about $33. Lesson learned? Don't back into trucks, but if you're going to, do it in a old minivan because the replacement parts are cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Honestly though, maybe I'm jsut a wimp but the other day I tried to burst the bulb in my firnds Minimag and we were sucessful in getting it to go out, but it was no fault of the bulbs.