Very impressive images of a terrorist bomb in Spain

edc3

Enlightened
Good video. I assume the camera is in just the right place and time to catch it because there was a warning before it was set off?

edc3

Enlightened
Here's hoping that neither ETA nor any other terrorists get a hold of anything close to those.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry--but I believe that there is a good chance that this video was taken and posted by the people that set the bomb.

You can hear the mike is open and there was not one "oh heck" comment (that I could hear--don't speak Spanish) and pretty well controlled camera work on the tripod before, during, and after the explosion. I don't think you would see any better work from a professional film crew if they were in a war zone and something blew up near by. These guys were ready... :poof: :tinfoil: :(

-Bill

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
I am sorry--but I believe that there is a good chance that this video was taken and posted by the people that set the bomb.

You can hear the mike is open and there was not one "oh heck" comment (that I could hear--don't speak Spanish) and pretty well controlled camera work on the tripod before, during, and after the explosion. I don't think you would see any better work from a professional film crew if they were in a war zone and something blew up near by. These guys were ready... :poof: :tinfoil: :(

-Bill

They gave an hours notice

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way the camera was set, I think they crew knew exactly where the bomb was. Weird if coming from a news agency, or totally normal if coming from the terrorist group, I wonder if the police noticed something strange in a television crew filming certain part of the building that day.

And BTW the crew said "No te cambiaste?" (You didn't change?) on 0:19 and "Ahi esta trus" (There's Trus, a name?) on 0:38 while he was focusing some place of the building.

Marduke

Flashaholic

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
reminds me of that movie where the killer puts his victims on a live webcam feed, and the more people watching , the faster they die....
:faint:

Crenshaw

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The building is EiTB, a local basque broadcast company, and is also shared by the regional offices of El Mundo, as well as many other media. So they had the cameras and they knew what was going to happen, they even knew what was the vehicle in which the bomb was placed. Police did not have time enough to deactivate the device, but to evacuate the building.

ETA has targeted journalists and media during many years. Curiously, EiTB is owned by the basque country government, which is now in hands of PNV, a party which defends the separatism os basque country... but from a democratical point of view. So EiTB is working for separatism, but the fanatics terrorists of ETA consider them to be working for the interests of the central government and Spain.

There is a lot to be talked about this which we are suffering from decades ago.

The vehicle was robbed hours ago, and the owner was found tied to a tree in the mountain. But that was their second try, because first time they tried to stop a vehicle one of the terrorists was rolled by the car which was driven by a lady.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI.

A frame of the van one minute before it was parked.

1230821402_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

The driver was a young woman and she parked on a disabled parking (Crime is a cancer, it dominates every act in you life :thumbsdow)

The van was loaded with 100 kg of explosives

I would like to write here a sentence from the major of Bilbao, talking that day about the terrorists.(He belongs to PNV, a separatis democratic party)

"ETA is just a gang of murderers (...) What can they do? They can kill us, but nothing else. They will never reach power."

Regarding ETA fixation with journalists, I have found this Herald Tribune article . Here one extract: "ETA has attacked journalists with bombs, bullets and blacklists in the decade since it declared them legitimate targets in its fight for a separate Basque nation. One journalist, Luís del Olmo, has had eight attempts made on his life. Approximately 100 journalists require bodyguards and several have fled the Basque country after attacks." The article is dated back in 2004 and things are even worse now.

Regards,

Javier

Last edited: