led availability in uk

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello i have just signed up so this is my first post . I an trying to source some i bin ssc p4 leds suitable to convert my muglite 3d cell from incan to led . Components must be available somewhere in u.k. tried my usual sources but no joy would like find locally but may have look overseas. Great website been looking over it for weeks so decided to sign up and ask you guys for your help .all comments gratefully received .cheers cliff

Timson

Enlightened
Forget UK sources if you're after high end LED'S. You may find somewhere that supplies SSC emitters, but you'll never find anyone who specifies the flux /bin etc and could end up with something dissapointing that you've paid a premium for.

Your best bet is here - a tried and trusted source on the CPF community - you'll be getting a premium product too (I'd recommend the U2SWOH).

Tim

Timson

Enlightened
Or here - you can get the heatsinks here too.

Don't forget you'll probably need a driver too.... The Vf of a U2SWOH is (from memory) 3.00 - 3.25v, so 3 cells is going to give a serious overdrive in Direct-Drive. You could consider using a resistor instead!

Keep reading - its a serious learning curve. :grin2:

Tim

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
thanks to all you guys for your responses . I am still at an early stage with the upgrade e.g. Assembling the parts i will need , the electronics are not my problem nor the engineering involved its mainly suitable leds to be had it the uk .I will take you up on your offers of help in the near future . Owe you guys a beer or two .cliff